Kevin Walk-er... HE GAWN!

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding me?

You guys were all for this guy in spring training, then he gets called up and only gets to throw 4 times in a month, gives up no runs until tonight where only 1 ball was hit hard off of him, and you not only say that he sucks, but make it personal like he is a jerk?

Give me a break! He did the best he could given the circumstances which sucked to begin with.

QUOTE(professionalfan @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Are you kidding me? 

You guys were all for this guy in spring training, then he gets called up and only gets to throw 4 times in a month, gives up no runs until tonight where only 1 ball was hit hard off of him, and you not only say that he sucks, but make it personal like he is a jerk? 

Give me a break!  He did the best he could given the circumstances which sucked to begin with.

I've never said a nice word about the guy. Not when we signed him. Not when he pitched well early in spring training. Not when he got shelled in Charlotte. Not when he somehow was able to get through 2.2 IP of friken scary baseball without giving up a run. Not evar.

Are you kidding me? 

Give me a break!  He did the best he could given the circumstances which sucked to begin with.

I can only think of several posters that have slurped walker out of all of soxtalk.

Are you kidding me? 

Kevin Walker, is that you? If it is, you suck and you'll never see the majors again.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
Before you can bring up the G-Load question you have to explain why Walker got the call before Banjeru.  I saw a stat on the scoreboard that said his ERA is down to 1.05 now.

Actually its up to 1.05. He was down to like .42 but he's had a few shaky outings since :lol:

"I just have to go down and keep pitching," Walker said. "As a reliever you have to have a short memory. This is a great team and I'm here to contribute any time I can and hopefully I'll be back up here soon.

"It takes more than 25 guys to win, and whatever I can do to help the club, I'll be there to do it," Walker added.

How about never coming back again?

That would help tremendously.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 1, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
Kevin Walker, is that you?  If it is, you suck and you'll never see the majors again.

yeah, you got me. (Green)

I love reading the posts around here, but sometimes you take it too far and it pisses me off, that's all. You don't have to make it so personal. Just my thoughts.

QUOTE(professionalfan @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
yeah, you got me.  (Green)

I love reading the posts around here, but sometimes you take it too far and it pisses me off, that's all.  You don't have to make it so personal.  Just my thoughts.

I'm talking to you like you are Kevin Walker. I'm not saying you suck, I'm saying Walker sucks (which he does).

Guest JimH

A little blurb from the official White Sox site today, take it for what it's worth:

------------------

For future notice, Gload, Willie Harris and Timo Perez all have options still remaining, although Perez is unlikely to move from the active roster. Utility player Pablo Ozuna is out of options, meaning he would have to clear waivers if designated for assignment when Gload returns.

------------------

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 2, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
A little blurb from the official White Sox site today, take it for what it's worth:

------------------

For future notice, Gload, Willie Harris and Timo Perez all have options still remaining, although Perez is unlikely to move from the active roster. Utility player Pablo Ozuna is out of options, meaning he would have to clear waivers if designated for assignment when Gload returns.

------------------

Even if he wasent on waviers ozzie in love with the kid so he would never be sent down

Has anyone ever seen Celtic Pride? Yeah, it's a terrible movie, but there's a lesson to be learned from it. I believe it's time for us, as fans, to take matters into our own hands...and kidnap Timo Perez. History would surely smile upon us and we'll be lauded as heroes for saving the White Sox and their 2005 season from the clutches of such a terrible, one-handed-catching threat.

Guest JimH

Wouldn't the choice have to be either Perez or Harris?

They do not have a backup 1B, so that's Gload.

They need somebody who can play SS and 3B, that's Ozuna.

There are currently 11 pitchers and I think that number will stay put ... even though I agree they can/should ship somebody out and bring someone else in.