Kenny Williams on 670 radio

KW was on the the afternoon show. The comment that got my attention was that he did not care what was out there at the deadline, Brandon Mccarthy is not going anywhere. I thought it was interesting that he would single him out by name. He would not discuss where he thought the team needed improvement out of respect to the guys who are playing hard there every day.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
This just makes me think there is a deal in the works even more... Kenny always says things like that...like Steff said about Olivo...

Did he giggle and then say he has to get off the radio also. Thats what happend in the offseason when a FA was about to be signed.

Are you going to sign Jermaine Dye.

HE HE HE HE HE, Jermaine WHO, HE HE HE HE, Next question.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
Did he giggle and then say he has to get off the radio also.  Thats what happend in the offseason when a FA was about to be signed. 

Are you going to sign Jermaine Dye.

HE HE HE HE HE, Jermaine WHO, HE HE HE HE, Next question.

I forgot about that one.. and let's not forget the love that was gushing for Carlos, while they were scrambling for someone to unload slownerko on, until they shipped him off. Kenny plays it very close to the vest.. and so does Beane. I would not doubt if EC was told to shut the hell up, especially after he was ripping on Beane yesterday..

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
Either was Jeremey Reed :finger

I thought this was cleared up already.. it was Borchard that was untouchable. Reed was not on the 3 year board.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
I thought this was cleared up already.. it was Borchard that was untouchable. Reed was not on the 3 year board.

yeah, i was saying that for a reason, I remember that argument getting shut down, just wanted to bring it up again

:cheers to stirring

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
come on Marsh, where is the green?

No green.. from the series in Detroit last year when ELo was traded until about mid November Ben was the starting catcher for the '05 squad. AJ was a blessing... thank God we got him.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 05:04 PM)
He was until AJ was traded for, wasn't he?

And Kenny Williams was once the starting third baseman for the Sox. :bang

The fact that they signed AJ says to me they didn't want Ben Davis being the starting catcher.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 05:07 PM)
No green.. from the series in Detroit last year when ELo was traded until about mid November Ben was the starting catcher for the '05 squad. AJ was a blessing... thank God we got him.

I know, I still find the notion of Ben Davis being the starting catcher green-worthy. :P

QUOTE(marsh @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
And Kenny Williams was once the starting third baseman for the Sox. :bang

The fact that they signed AJ says to me they didn't want Ben Davis being the starting catcher.

Ben fractured his hand.. they had no choice but to go find someone else.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
I know, I still find the notion of Ben Davis being the starting catcher green-worthy. :P

If not for his injury I still believe he would have been fine. I'm sure I'm the only one here who feels that way though.. and in hindsight I am happier that AJ is here.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
At the time.. oye ve.. do you remember the witch hunt that was out for Kenny's ass.

:o

Vaguely. When I thought about it, I was more concerned with trading Reed, but oh well. It is good to see Anderson having a solid year in Charlotte.