Brantley, again.

BobDylan

They showed the final out of the Sox game on Baseball Tonight. Jeff Brantley's words were, "I didn't know Hermanson could get a left hander out. I guess he can."

A man with a .078 ERA and 12 saves, and you didn't know he could get a left hander out? 21+ innings with a 0.00 ERA and you didn't know he could get a left hander out? Lefties may be hitting .313 off of him, but does this guy pay attention to anything but his own ego and ugly hair cut?

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
He is obviously being a wise ass on the heels of the flare up with Guillen.

No kidding..This guy has been a wise ass to the Sox since spring training...And now with this thing with Ozzie, he's bumping it up to Moronotti territory..The guy is a dick.

Guest JimH
I didn't see it, so I take it by what you said it was tongue in cheek, eh?

What I meant when I said that:

Since he called for Hermanson to come in earlier in the week when Guillen instead left Buehrle in ... Brantley obviously thinks that Hermanson should go into close the game out, regardless of lefty or right hitters coming up.

So yeah, his comment was obviously tongue in cheek, and just as obviously a veiled tweak at Guillen.

To me, no biggie.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
I think Brantley was being sarcastic by saying he did not know Hermy could get a LH out. In some sense, he was taking a shot at the Ozzie for MOnday again

Yah i didnt see it but it was probaly sarcastic

I'm not going to defend Brantley or Ozzie on this one, but the way Hawk was talking about the Ozzie/Brantley thing was disgusting tonight. Who is Hawk to question what Brantley knows about baseball in regards to Ozzie? As someone said in another thread......how much ass kissing did Hawk and DJ give Ozzie tonight? Sounds to me like someone got a call from Reinsdorf and told them to promote Ozzie constantly tonight. If Ozzie and Hawk want Brantley to be quiet, then they need to do the same as well.

Haha, I love how Ozzie snubbed him on Wednesday, first the jerkoff acts like he is an all know jackass (which is why he has been offered how many managing jobs?), and then tries to greet Ozzie days later, and now his personal vendetta with the Sox will probably get bigger. Sarcasm/twit remarks during the highlight and his 'most important thing' at the end was praising the Twins.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 3, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
:huh I don't understand how the thread starter didn't know it was sarcasm. It was that obvious. Didn't Oz say in the post game that Hermy's back was stiff ? If that is the case  why does Brantley  continue to take potshots at OZ ?

(If we're thinking of the same comment,)The quote about Hermy and someone being sore was misplayed by ESPN Radio. Hermy was in reference of Herm Schneider, who was giving a reason for taking out Frank, I've heard that Hermanson was fine, but this is in the past, old news by now.