No MVP next year but

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(farmteam @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
Like someone else said, this could really put College Baseball on the map.

Also, I'd buy a College Baseball game made by EA with the MVP engine a second.

i'm actually excited about it.

could be very interesting.

i still don't completely understand how the tourney works.

Yeah I love MVP, and if they could do a game for the minor leagues only I might of bought it it, but I dont know any college players so wouldnt be worth it really. So ill be playing MVP 2005 for a long time..

Just the thought of metal bats make me not want to buy the game :banghead

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 05:40 PM)
This is complete bulls***. I hate college baseball because I don't know the players, like any college sport.

I only know about the players because you guys ramble and rave about how good they are, when half of them turn to s***.

f*** you EA, f*** you...I'm not going to sink that low and buy 2k.

I look forward to being able to learn more about the game, the teams, and the players if this game were to come out. And I could bet theyd add an 'edit names' feature, and then we could download a roster file somewhere online. I mean, we'd have Long Beach state, Rice, and others. It would be a nice change of pace.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
to keep MVP? And not muck it up?

They can't. End of story. If they tried, they'd get sued and then EA wouldn't be making any games.

Edited by CubsSuck1

Technically MVP could exist next year. EA could sign on with Sony and make MVP 2006 with MLBPA and everything good about the old versions. Doubtful it is, but exclusitivity is done commonly in every other genre in Video games, so why not sports?

Nintendo is doing this and producing Pennant Chase baseball to make up for MVP's loss. I'll be buying this game.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
Best thing is, EA Sports got the ESPN licensing, so they'll have the ESPN presentation like in the 2K games. So ESPN Presentation with EA Gameplay. Can't get no better than that.

To bad there wont be an mvp 06 with espn presantation. I dont completly understand this thread but is there any chance in the world that there could be an mvp 06?

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
To bad there wont be an mvp 06 with espn presantation. I dont completly understand this thread but is there any chance in the world that there could be an mvp 06?

Buehrle > Wood just said the only chance. They could make MVP 2006 without doing that though, but they would have to have fake teams, fake players, fake stadiums etc. But why do that if you can do NCAA Baseball, and at least have real schools. That is probably EA's thinking.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:15 AM)
Recruiting, as in NCAA 2004, 2005, etc. football, could be awesome in the baseball game.  However, it's still awfully disappointing and I doubt I'll drop the $40+ on it.

If it is $30 and a combination of MVP and the other NCAA games, I will definately pick it up. I am kind of excited actually.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 4, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
Then I'm confused.  Does the 2k series now own a monopoly of sorts of the MLBPA?  How can something like that happen?  I suppose I'm just finding it difficut to comprehend how EA could f*** up something this severely--allowing a monopoly to happen.

EA sports bough an exclusive rights agreement with the NFL. So EA is the only group that can produce NFL games (with the players names, stadiums, etc). On the other side Sega (the ESPN/2k series) bought the exclusive rights to major league baseball (player names, stadiums, etc).

So EA can make football games but not baseball games (at least not with the players names), however they can go with college. Sega can make college football games (not NFL) and major league baseball games. So odds are Sega will keep its football engine and concentrate on collegiate sports (trying to go against NCAA Football by EA) while EA is going to keep the MVP engine (likely) and create a college baseball game.

On a random sidenote, EA purchased the ESPN name as well and ESPN will be implemented into all of their new games. Sega will no longer have the ESPN license.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 03:52 PM)
I thought there was a difference though,  with how EA bought football rights that makes them the only company able to make NFL games, but wasnt there a loop hole with the contract that was bought for the MLB rights?

There is one loop whole with the MLB rights. Company's can create games sponsored by the 1st parties(Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft) and make them exclusive to only those systems. This means the creator would be a second party, making it perfectly legal due to the MLB contract only affecting 3rd parties.

I know Nintendo has a baseball game coming out next year and it it supposedly very well done.

Like I said before though, it's highly doubtful EA would due something like this. They sell too much of other games to hurt their relationship with 2 of the 3 1st parties.

And you are correct, Football does not have this kind of loophole.

I would like to see a game from ea sports where you create a player and start in college baseball. Then do good your 4 years there and get drafted then you have to work your way through the minors to ultimatly get into the fake major league baseball with fake teams stadiums and players.

I wish EA would of incorported more of the Madden stuff in MVP

Like in Madden you get the Training Camp stuff where you can take one player and build his stats a bit by doing the drills. Well, in MVP, you should be able to take some AAA reliver and do some pitching drills and gain better stats. I would gladly take this if it means I dont have to sim A-ball games.

But I guess thats all a pipe dream

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
I wish EA would of incorported more of the Madden stuff in MVP

Like in Madden you get the Training Camp stuff where you can take one player and build his stats a bit by doing the drills. Well, in MVP, you should be able to take some AAA reliver and do some pitching drills and gain better stats. I would gladly take this if it means I dont have to sim A-ball games.

But I guess thats all a pipe dream

They've already worked their way in that direction with the minigames. They have a pitching game where you can improve your control drasitically and another where you could improve your swing drastically. I would like to see a fielding one, but eh well. It's a good start.