06/05/05 Game Thread vs. Cleveland

aboz56

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
I'll tell ya...  screw trading Everett, screw trading Thomas -- find a taker for Konerko, move Everett to first, and let's go from there.

hell, just get g-load back here and have him start.

ross is the man

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
What are you talking about? He's our RBI leader. You can't replace a leader like him.

BTW, I agree with him. He's too 1-dimensional IMO. And I've only seen him get 1 hit when people do that stupid Paulie chant.

he is also batting .220 this season too slow, if we could get a 1b with a great contact bat with decent power i'd be all opver the trade.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
I'll tell ya...  screw trading Everett, screw trading Thomas -- find a taker for Konerko, move Everett to first, and let's go from there.

No one is going to take Konerko. Who would? I love the guy, but let's face it, he's not lighting the world up in a contract year. If not now, when? I really think the Sox have to put up with him until the end of this year. He'll have a good day here and there, but I think that is the max the Sox are going to get out of him.

QUOTE(kman @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 04:28 PM)
he is also batting .220 this season too slow, if we could get a 1b with a great contact bat with decent power i'd be all opver the trade.

I still propose trading him for Griffey and moving Dye to 1B and when Griffey gets his rest, put Everett in there. And you probably could play righty-lefty more with Gload and Dye at first.

Pods steals 3rd.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 05:29 PM)
I still propose trading him for Griffey and moving Dye to 1B and when Griffey gets his rest, put Everett in there. And you probably could play righty-lefty more with Gload and Dye at first.

Pods steals 3rd.

why in gods name would the reds take konerko?

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
No one is going to take Konerko.  Who would? I love the guy, but let's face it, he's not lighting the world up in a contract year.  If not now, when?  I really think the Sox have to put up with him until the end of this year.  He'll have a good day here and there, but I think that is the max the Sox are going to get out of him.

Well teams were willing to take Delgado last year with his crappy contract year(Sox at least did).