06/05/05 Game Thread vs. Cleveland

aboz56

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Our lack of having a back-up 1b hurt us a lot in the 8th inning. We were in a great situation to have Pods run for PK, and let Willie bunt him over after seeing if Pods could steal 3rd. Rather, Ozzie tried to play for the homer.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 04:44 PM)
Even though I can't see this game, my sis's cable system doesn't carry WGN, nothing says smart ball more then burying your best hitter in the 7th spot in the lineup... Ozzie=Moron

Iguchi's our best hitter, both regularly and in the clutch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
Our lack of having a back-up 1b hurt us a lot in the 8th inning.  We were in a great situation to have Pods run for PK, and let Willie bunt him over after seeing if Pods could steal 3rd.  Rather, Ozzie tried to play for the homer.

Agreed. You could of had Willie run for Paulie, than Ozuna to 1B and Crede in at 3B. This off day for Pods and Crede doesn't make sense since we just had an off day 2 days ago and another on Thurs.

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
The defense has been lackadasical.  Iguchi's missed DP was harmless, but it appears Widger wasn't paying attention to Boone when he stole 2nd.  That is a huge run.

Add to that Widger's passed ball and Rowand's error.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
If Marte throws one fastball to Sizemore, I'm gonna puke. His breaking ball is nasty to lefties and almost unhittable, not mention he throws it for strikes.

Oh, don't worry. He'll throw two breaking balls for strikes, then he'll put a fastball right down the middle.

How can we let Aaron Boone do this to us?