Sox To Miss Peavy in San Diego Series

maggsmaggs

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:57 PM)
He was supposed to start against, but since he has an illness, his next start has been moved to Wednesday against Cleveland.  That is a huge break for us as he would have shut us down.  Those are the kind of breaks we have been getting this year.

Does this mean we get THE GREAT DARRELL MAY next weekend.

I, for one, am really disapointed that Peavy will not be able to pitch vs the Sox on Saturday. Peavy is my 2nd fav. pitcher, with Buehle being my fav. So seeing a Peavy vs. Buehrle match up would have be awesome. But with that being said, I am glad that the Sox offense will not have to face one of the most under-rated pitchers in baseball. :gosox3:

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
It would have been a helluva matchup if it was he and MB but I'm glad we miss him....good news for the sox.

Yeah, but a match up we would have lost. Throughout his career, Buerhle has lost more than won in these great matchups. His matchps vs Mulder were mostly losses for Sox, his matchup against Santana earlier this year was a loss for the SOx, his matchup against CC ended up being a loss for us and if it was not for Betancourt, it would have been a loss for Buerhle. Truth is Buerhle is good but a cut below the real studs. In those games, we invariably lose.

Yeah, but a match up we would have lost. Throughout his career, Buerhle has lost more than won in these great matchups. His matchps vs Mulder were mostly losses for Sox, his matchup against Santana earlier this year was a loss for the SOx, his matchup against CC ended up being a loss for us and if it was not for Betancourt, it would have been a loss for Buerhle. Truth is Buerhle is good but a cut below the real studs. In those games, we invariably lose.

Hmmm...

Buehrle has a lower ERA on the season (3.15) than Sabathia (3.49). Buehrle also has a lower career ERA (3.70) than Sabathia (4.07). You can say that Sabathia can be a more dominating pitcher than Buehrle but Buehrle is still the better pitcher.

Peavy is a helluva pitcher. I'm glad we don't have to face him. even better if he was supposed to start against Buehrle, because he's a 7 game winner who's pitched like a 9 game winner (Buehrle that is, not Peavy).

Edited by Dam8610