6/7 Games

BHAMBARONS

Barons 6 Tennessee 5

W-Meaux L-Gonzalez Sv-Jenks

Jerry Owens had a huge 2nd game with a Pair of run scoring doubles the first with 2 on in the Third And a RBI double in the 4th. Chris Stewart had a 2-3 game along with Reyes. Darren Blakely crushed a 2-run Homer to finish the scoring. Cory Haggerty drew a key walk after the ejections of Josh Fields and Razor Shines Then Blakely crushed the Gonzalez fastball into orbit. Kris Honel looked good tonight throwing some of the best breaking balls of the season. Honel's 3 runs were given up by Reynoso. Reynoso was the pitcher of bad luck as 2 straight infield singles and a 2 base error by Andy Gonzalez. Ryan Meaux with tying run in scoring position came on struck out Matt Morgan. Bobby Jenks got the final 6 outs for his 14th Save and threw his 1st sinker came in at 94. Off Day tomorrow in Mobile Thursday with Nik Lubisich on the mound.

Edited by BHAMBARONS

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 10:16 PM)
Why did Fields get ejected?

Josh Though he was hit by a pitch which I believe he was correct the plate ump said no that it was a foul ball and Josh went postal on him said a few F bombs and a few other words. Then Razor went toe-to-toe spit a few sunflower seeds at him kicked some dirt up at him. Typical umpire getting a call wrong then instead of admitting a mistake and letting Fields let out his anger He tossed them.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 7, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
Josh Though he was hit by a pitch which I believe he was correct the plate ump said no that it was a foul ball and Josh went postal on him said a few F bombs and a few other words.  Then Razor went toe-to-toe spit a few sunflower seeds at him kicked some dirt up at him.  Typical umpire getting a call wrong then instead of admitting a mistake and letting Fields let out his anger He tossed them.

You know what, that's good to hear. Fields probably needs to let loose. He had been scuffling and lost a friend. He's been hitting better of late and it doesn't hurt to blow off some steam.

Meanwhile, the Knights offense exploded for 15 runs tonight. Of course they gave up 13 and needed extra innings to win. Anderson 3-6, HR, 2 RBI, 3 runs. Burke 3 doubles. Norton, Toca, Borchard (HR), and Lopez with 3 hits each. Spidale and Martinez also had 2 hits each. Ulacia and recent signee Javier Ortiz got rocked. Stud relief from Sanders, Smith, Fields, and Walker got the Knights the win. The Knights scored 8 in the top of the 4th only to give up 7 in the bottom half and trail 9-8 at that point. Box Score

Rodriguez got his feet back from under him and had a nice start. 7-2 Hogs win. Collaro another HR and 4 RBI. Valido 2-4, 2 runs. Box Score

Kanny lost 5-3. Cook another HR. De Los Santos 2-4. Liotta took the loss. Box Score

Edited by danman31

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 08:08 AM)
No-one's gonna comment on Honel's good outing? Sounded pretty good to me, especially if Reynoso gave up his runs. Let's hope he can come back the way Malone has this season so far.

I was wondering if anyboby was, Kris had good control and not just the walks but hitting his spots. Those Breaking balls he threw were old Kris Honel then come back and hit 90 on a Fastball which is the best I seen him this season.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
I was wondering if anyboby was,  Kris had good control and not just the walks but hitting his spots.  Those Breaking balls he threw were old Kris Honel then come back and hit 90 on a Fastball which is the best I seen him this season.

That's even better to hear Tom. Let's hope he can keep the velocity up on his fastball around that 90 MPH mark. This may be a turning point for him hopefully.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 09:33 AM)
I was wondering if anyboby was,  Kris had good control and not just the walks but hitting his spots.  Those Breaking balls he threw were old Kris Honel then come back and hit 90 on a Fastball which is the best I seen him this season.

That is great news. The old softie in me hates to see kids fail. Hopefully he is getting back to full strength and can make a run at the bigs still.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:14 AM)
That is great news.  The old softie in me hates to see kids fail.  Hopefully he is getting back to full strength and can make a run at the bigs still.

It is good news that he is starting to pitch decent, but I think its a forgone conclusion that he wont make a run at the big club, I think he's pretty much going to be in the same position for the next several years.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)

I think nobody is willing to get excited or think it can happen consistently until it does. I think it would take 12-16 months of consistency for me to be convinced, if that gives you any idea of my mentality on Honel right now, LOL...

QUOTE(Randar68 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 11:09 AM)
I think nobody is willing to get excited or think it can happen consistently until it does.  I think it would take 12-16 months of consistency for me to be convinced, if that gives you any idea of my mentality on Honel right now, LOL...

And it is going to take at least that long to convince the Sox as well. How many guys are in front of him now? 10? He has a long way to go.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2005 -> 10:12 AM)
And it is going to take at least that long to convince the Sox as well.  How many guys are in front of him now?  10?  He has a long way to go.

Talent-wise? Just a couple. Like I said, it's gonna take some long-term consistency to convince anyone that he's "back"...