seriously, mods I don't get it.

Hideaway Lights

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
Of course they do.. although I'm sure they don't go around calling Neal a "effing piece of s***" when he gives up a run. Or call Rooney an "effing homosexual" beause they don't like the way he calls a game.. Just a couple examples.. but back then there were plenty. And it's effected them returning.

Can i make fun of Neal for the shiny shirt I saw him wearing a coupla weeks ago???

I don't post half the posts I start...usually when Im reading it over...I'll just say screw it....it ain't worth it. It's like typing it all out gets my feelings off my chest...and then even if I don't post it...it doesn't really matter.

Anyway

The one thing I see a prob with and it goes from regulars to newbies....People attack other peoples posts. I think some people here are kids and that's where we get a lot of the ignorant posts....s*** I can just imagine the dumb things I would have said 15 years ago if I was on a message board talking about the sox. Are you kidding me, from 14-19...I knew everything about anytyhing and I didn't back down from anybody.

I encourage all to take it easy...if someone post something dumb...ignore it and it will be on the 2nd page in a matter of minutes.....

Swearing I don't mind and I hope it never gets banned or I'd be in trouble. Swearing at someone is a whole different story....you want to bring that to the table then PM the person and handle it one on one. Heck maybe you two can meet face to face and handle it with a thumbwrestling match.

QUOTE(56789 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
Exactly. I cant count the number of times ive typed something out then erased the entire thing because after thinking about it for a second i realized it might not be too smart to say that.

10 times today at least.

Guest JimH
I know this isn't going to be popular with Nuke, but I know he won't take it as an offense.. but IMO the "eat s*** b****es" bulls*** is regoshdamndiculous. It's sound stupid and it looks childish when a visitor sees it (as I've been told).

About 8 months ago we had several players lurking and they were totally turned off by some of the lauguage here.. it got better for a while.. but now it's back. The telling of people to eff off for no apparent reason.. it's just plain stupid.. and makes the site look stupid. Hate WSI all you want (for those of you that do) but their (as you haters call it) Nazi style of moderation sure does do wonders for the amount of trolls they ban and the lack of bs posted there..

As always.. JMO

One of your best sentiments here Steff.

We are all guilty of stupid stuff from time to time and I am glad to see this being addressed and discussed. I would hate to know what some of the Sox brass thinks when they see some things here; personally I would rather they take our opinions seriously vs. dismissing this site as out of control.

I just think that alot of people come on here and get real agressive early. There are alot of opinions, and just because yours gets shot down initially, you can defend it and then agree to disagree. Lately there have been new people starting numerous threads about things that flat out are ridiculous, and it makes people think less of the new person. I dont think I started my first thread for at leat 500 posts. Not to mention I try my best to look at both side of the argument and at least part acknowledging the other persons point of view.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
I just think that alot of people come on here and get real agressive early.  There are alot of opinions, and just because yours gets shot down initially, you can defend it and then agree to disagree.  Lately there have been new people starting numerous threads about things that flat out are ridiculous, and  it makes people think less of the new person.  I dont think I started my first thread for at leat 500 posts.  Not to mention I try my best to look at both side of the argument and at least part acknowledging the other persons point of view.

I still hardly ever start threads...I have a fear that Steff is gonna tear me apart!! And if I do it usually includes an article or some sort of informative sidebar. And to think I've been here for 2 years...

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
Pfffttt... ask anyone that's met me.. my bark is much worse than my bite.  ;)

I honestly dont think you've ever disagreed with any of my posts...I'm still waiting for the day!!! Bring it :P

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
I honestly dont think you've ever disagreed with any of my posts...I'm still waiting for the day!!! Bring it  :P

Eh.. you only just passed 1k posts.. I don't bother with ya until you have at least 2k..

:lol:

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
That's probably why I've been safe.

On another note I just realized I was past 1000.  Congrats to me!!!! I think  :unsure:

CONGRATS!!! You post at the same ridiculously slow rate as I do!!!!