seriously, mods I don't get it.

Hideaway Lights

QUOTE(56789 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:48 PM)
I just found a perfect example to the comment on how admins and moderaters are treated better than other posters. In the NHL Salary Cap thread people would say something bad about the NHL and everyone would say "If you dont like the NHL stay out of an NHL thread" well then aboz comes in and says "the nhl :sleep  :sleep  :sleep " and no one says a word to him.

What's the difference between that and the NASCAR haters doing the same thing.. ? It's not like he came in and said "the NHL sucks and you all that care about it are idiots..".

:huh

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like there are far too many "overly sensitive" people out there...I think the Mods and Admins do a fine job policing the boards..if they see something inappropriate they do a good job editing or removing things...If you don't like them doing that to your stuff...then post better stuff.

Edited by EvilJester99

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 08:02 AM)
Looking for a Beatles refresher course, are you?  :P

There is always time for more Beatles...

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 08:04 AM)
;) did you catch both references?

Absolutely. And any analogy is better with a Beatles reference, for anyone looking for tips on how to be a better poster :P

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 06:38 AM)
What's the difference between that and the NASCAR haters doing the same thing.. ? It's not like he came in and said "the NHL sucks and you all that care about it are idiots..".

:huh

Thank you. I live by the rule that if the title doesn't interest me - I stay out. I don't get the whole thing about the NFL draft. I don't really care. But, when there's multiple draft threads I don't go in and post how boring the draft is and how idiotic everyone must be to give a crap about round 8. I stay out. More people should do the same.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 08:14 AM)
Thank you. I live by the rule that if the title doesn't interest me - I stay out. I don't get the whole thing about the NFL draft. I don't really care. But, when there's multiple draft threads I don't go in and post how boring the draft is and how idiotic everyone must be to give a crap about round 8. I stay out. More people should do the same.

Theads about mods are stupid :chair

:P

Jas actually closed this thread, but I am going to split out all of the other stuff. There is no need to tear at scabs now, I think we can all agree on that. If people want to talk about stuff, feel free to do it with PMs and emails. It was plain to see that we were going down a road of trouble, and I for one have no interest in that.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
Probably a good idea **********2k5 (avoiding the problem subject)  :D

I'd be interested in hearing how people would describe their ideal Soxtalk site?

I don't give a crap about what you're interested in! :P

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
:cheers Preach On.

And Tex's earlier 'protected by a silver spoon' ref comes from there and not Sgt. Pepper, of course.

Wow, I don't know where my head is today... I was thinking Bathroom Window was on Pepper. Maybe I'm just so tired, I haven't slept a wink? :bang

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
Wow, I don't know where my head is today... I was thinking Bathroom Window was on Pepper.  Maybe I'm just so tired, I haven't slept a wink? :bang

And the baby's not even here yet. Man, you've got another thing comin'.

I believe there was a post earlier saying something about Nuke telling teams to EAT s*** and how it made the site look bad. I would agree that it could look bad, but if people from the White Sox organization think it looks bad, then perhaps we should consider....

Our own manager, the Blizzard of Oz, regularly uses profanity when he speaks. At times its just flat out embarassing what he says. So if someone from the Sox thought it brought down the quality of the site (the eat s*** stuff) then perhaps the organization should look in the mirror and look at the man that is representing them.

That's all I have to say about that.

Keep making em EAT s*** nuke...

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
I believe there was a post earlier saying something about Nuke telling teams to EAT s*** and how it made the site look bad.  I would agree that it could look bad, but if people from the White Sox organization think it looks bad, then perhaps we should consider....

Our own manager, the Blizzard of Oz, regularly uses profanity when he speaks.  At times its just flat out embarassing what he says.  So if someone from the Sox thought it brought down the quality of the site (the eat s*** stuff) then perhaps the organization should look in the mirror and look at the man that is representing them. 

:lolhitting  :lolhitting  :lolhitting

So if Ozzie jumps off a bridge... :P

QUOTE(56789 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 04:48 AM)
I just found a perfect example to the comment on how admins and moderaters are treated better than other posters. In the NHL Salary Cap thread people would say something bad about the NHL and everyone would say "If you dont like the NHL stay out of an NHL thread" well then aboz comes in and says "the nhl :sleep  :sleep  :sleep " and no one says a word to him.

That would because I didn't read it. I'd a taken his ass on. :P

Seriously, have had very limited access the last two days and I didn't see it.

My stance is pretty well known on that topic. For people to just go in and start throwing s*** around about "I hate it and you should too" type of stuff in ANY topic is horses***. If it doesn't interest you and you don't want it to escalate, use common sense and just let it go.

If I jumped in every thread I wanted to say was :sleep , I would have more posts then southsider. I just simply don't comment. That's common sense.

BTW, hey Aboz, stay outta my NHL thread. :chair

:P

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 04:32 PM)
I believe there was a post earlier saying something about Nuke telling teams to EAT s*** and how it made the site look bad.  I would agree that it could look bad, but if people from the White Sox organization think it looks bad, then perhaps we should consider....

Our own manager, the Blizzard of Oz, regularly uses profanity when he speaks.  At times its just flat out embarassing what he says.  So if someone from the Sox thought it brought down the quality of the site (the eat s*** stuff) then perhaps the organization should look in the mirror and look at the man that is representing them. 

HELL YEAH!!!!!!

:cheers

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)

It was me Boz.. and I'm sorry but if this is "do as Ozzie does" I want off the ride.