6/14/05 Game Thread

kev211

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:38 AM)
The bullpen has to hold em to 6- thats all. We have 4 innings to score 4 runs for the win. I'm not giving up yet.

Its kind of crazy- when Contreras sucks- El-duque sucks, when Contreras pitches well- El-duque pitches well. Are they attached to the hip? :angry:

Maybe Ozzie should stick with what's worked, and have AJP catch Contreras, and Widger catch for Duque. AJP and Duque never seem to work well together, while we all know the numbers of Contreras with each catcher.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
Sheesh, the ball is just flying out of the yard tonight.  The ball that Green hit just flew out of there, easy.  'Bout time US Cellular started playing like a hitters park...

I liked our chances much better when the park played bigger.

i thought our starters were set but i was mistaken. We need to trade for a starter. The two cubans are the flaw in the rotation. I thought we'd rely on the pitching and not have a sluggfest with othere teams.

Hernandez and Count are so frustrating! :banghead :chair :angry:

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
Maybe Ozzie should stick with what's worked, and have AJP catch Contreras, and Widger catch for Duque.  AJP and Duque never seem to work well together, while we all know the numbers of Contreras with each catcher.

as i have been on record I think Ozzie sucks with game day strategy. He will get better..I hope

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
Duque's ERA is now up to 4.88. With Viz and Crede looking better, I'm of the opinion now that starting pitcher is our biggest priority to trade for.

Who doesn't need another starter? It'll cost too much to trade for one. I say we go another 2 more times with this rotation to see if it truly is a major problem.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)
When did Crede get Better?

When he's been batting over .300 with 4 homers this month. Also, his defense has been outstanding. I'm not a fan of Crede, but he's the least of our problems right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 14, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
When he's been batting over .300 with 4 homers this month.  Also, his defense has been outstanding.  I'm not a fan of Crede, but he's the least of our problems right now.

He is streaky, he could go into a 3-40 slump starting tonight.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
stop it he is not pujols, He is a 250 hitter. thats it. done.

quickman....you know I'm not that stupid to think of Crede as being in the same planet as Pujols. It was just a joke. Crede and 3rd baseman is not the position that I'm worried about with the Sox now. 5th starter and righty reliever seems like it might be a serious problem for the rest of the year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 15, 2005 -> 01:40 AM)
I liked our chances much better when the park played bigger.

I'm not saying that I like that it's playing like a hitter's park, I was just surprised for the first two months that it was playing (for the most park) like a pitcher's park.