Maggs Rumor

DBAHO

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 04:40 PM)
Who in the world would take a guy making $60 million over 4 years and who hasn't been healthy for a full season's worth of games since 2003?  I mean, I know the Yankees need another outfielder or two, but Jesus, that was a terrible contract when the Tigers signed him to it, and it's a terrible contract today.  No one else was considering offering him more than 2 years, and Boras got 5 out of the Tigers.

Exactly. Didn't we say the same thing before the Tigers signed him? I've learned to never be surprised by how much or how long a guy is signed for.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
Exactly. Didn't we say the same thing before the Tigers signed him? I've learned to never be surprised by how much or how long a guy is signed for.

Just because you're not surprised doesn't mean you can't laugh at the idiots who are signing the checks.

This has got to be a joke. Who would deal for him after he spends half the season on the DL? If nobody was going to give him a long term deal last year but us, his DL stint certainly won't change the fact that teams weren't interested in him long term.

And why doesn't the bum get on the field and play high quality baseball and then if we don't improve complain? Somebody who does not even have a hit this season has no right to complain about the team's record. With he and Guillen out, I think we are doing pretty good to be one game under .500. Our offense has been the worst in the AL since May 1, so we certainly could use those 2 bats in the lineup.

They asked the Tigers beat writer about this and he said he doesn't think Magglio wants to be traded and that he is frustrated with not being able to play. So who knows. That article did not say he was calling for a trade. It was a hack writer "reporting" that "friends" said Magglio "wouldn't mind" being traded if we don't improve. I'm not even going to take this seriously. I never really liked his signing though and I like it even less now that the bum hasn't been able to play. He is supposed to return sometime around the all-star break. He better be back or else I say we examine his knee to see what the real problem is and void his deal.

Edited by Wolverine31

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 16, 2005 -> 06:30 PM)
It's not karma.. its idiocy.

You dont sign with Detroit to win.

obviously he thought jason johnson and bonderman were able to carry the whole pitching staff, boy was he wrong :lol:

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
obviously he thought jason johnson and bonderman were able to carry the whole pitching staff, boy was he wrong  :lol:

What are you laughing at our pitching staff for? We are in the top ten in MLB in team ERA, not that far behind your team. Bonderman and Johnson both have sub-4.00 ERAs; they have pitched great. The main problem has been the fact that we have really struggled to score runs since May 1. Guillen coming back and if Ordonez can get his pansy ass in the lineup should change that.

Edited by Wolverine31

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:16 AM)
What are you laughing at our pitching staff for? We are in the top ten in MLB in team ERA, not that far behind your team. Bonderman and Johnson both have sub-4.00 ERAs; they have pitched great. The main problem has been the fact that we have really struggled to score runs since May 1. Guillen coming back and if Ordonez can get his pansy ass in the lineup should change that.

a tigers fan posting on soxtalk, what is this :huh

QUOTE(Wolverine31 @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)

Except the back end of the Tigers rotation ain't that great. Robertson has a 3.99 ERA. That won't last long with a 35/33 K/BB ratio. Wilfredo Ledezma has just been terrible, and there's no real other 5th starter alternative, which was the same problem we had the last couple of years. That can be the difference in a season.