Vince Vaughn at yesterdays game

rangercal

Am I the only one that doesn't want to go down that Cubby road of pandering to s***ty celebrities who are only at the game because it's the cool thing to do? It was cool to see him at the game yesterday but I really don't want this to become a thing, where we watch for the next celebrity to show up in the Scout Seats. It's got a dirty little Cubs vibe to it.

John Cusack!

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
If celeb's want to come to a Sox game and buy the most expensive seat in the house then so be it. They are just going to give JR more so we can go get players in the off-season.

So if we get a couple extra celebs every once in a while that's going to help JR get more players? Um no. A Scout Seat ticket isn't that expensive, if it was like $3,000 a ticket I could see it making a difference but it's not. Celebs aren't going to buy much in consessions and aren't going to buy beer. A couple extra hundred dollars a week from some s***ty Celebrity is not going to help JR sign free Agents/trade for players and make this team better.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
So if we get a couple extra celebs every once in a while that's going to help JR get more players? Um no. A Scout Seat ticket isn't that expensive, if it was like $3,000 a ticket I could see it making a difference but it's not. Celebs aren't going to buy much in consessions and aren't going to buy beer. A couple extra hundred dollars a week from some s***ty Celebrity is not going to help JR sign free Agents/trade for players and make this team better.

I'm saying if they kept coming and kept buying the most expensive seat, and considering that we are in first and a lot more people are coming out to see a game, JR just earns more money over a longer period of time, which would lead to getting players in the off-season because he would have more money to spend. I'm not saying he could go out and sign someone like A-Rod, but he could be able to sign players who fit into our style of baseball.

Edited by sayitaintso

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
who the f*** is some poster to say whether he doesn't want vince vaughn to be there? We aren't gatekeepers. He can come any time he wants to.

it depends. anybody on this board check tickets at the turnstiles at Comiskey? just tell him his ticket's a counterfeit and you'll call the cops if he doesn't leave now.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
who the f*** is some poster to say whether he doesn't want vince vaughn to be there? We aren't gatekeepers. He can come any time he wants to.

Who said that they didn't want Vince Vaughn at the Sox game? Sounded to me like everyone liked the idea of seeing him at the game.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)

That's exactly my point. If a celeb wants to come, then let them come.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
You kind of said that you didn't want celeb apperances to become a thing.

I said I liked seeing Vince Vaughn at the game yesterday because I respect him as an actor and I have heard him say good things about the Sox in the past. However I don't like the idea of being at the Sox game and seeing David Schwimmer on the video screen and having the crowd give them an ovation for being at the game. They can come to the game I just don't like the idea of the fans applauding them for being there. It has a cubesque feel to it.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:50 PM)
I said I liked seeing Vince Vaughn at the game yesterday because I respect him as an actor and I have heard him say good things about the Sox in the past. However I don't like the idea of being at the Sox game and seeing David Schwimmer on the video screen and having the crowd give them an ovation for being at the game. They can come to the game I just don't like the idea of the fans applauding them for being there.

David Schwimmer? the only crowd that would cheer him is the crowd for Oprah. I think if David Schwimmer were to show up on the big screen, there would be a resounding "meh" from all in attendance.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
David Schwimmer?  the only crowd that would cheer him is the crowd for Oprah.  I think if David Schwimmer were to show up on the big screen, there would be a resounding "meh" from all in attendance.

I pretty much just pulled some s***ty celeb out of my ass that I know has no connection to Chicago or the White Sox.

I like Vince Vaughn he's from the Chicago land area and has talked about the Sox in the past.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:54 PM)
I pretty much just pulled some s***ty celeb out of my ass that I know has no connection to Chicago or the White Sox.

I figured that, you just reminded me that people don't make fun of David Schwimmer nearly enough.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
I think if David Schwimmer were to show up on the big screen, there would be a resounding "meh" from all in attendance.

Think how funny this would be if it were actually to occur.