White Sox vs Dodgers 6/19/05 Game Thread

YASNY

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
My point is that there's a reason we signed Iguchi.

...ok?

You find someone who can do better job than the guy you currently have, you go get him (so long as the production is on par for the price). I don't think anyone is arguing his production vs. Iguchi's.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:19 AM)
He was a lot better at shaking that stuff off earlier in the season, it seems.

Here's my observation of Contreras. He's lost command of his splitter, and he doesn't have good enough control of his fastball to get MLB hitters out on a regular basis. Contreras was successful earlier in the year because once he had 2 strikes on the hitter, the batter basically had no prayer with the forkball.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh, come on. Were you listening to the broadcasters at all? Even if Harris comes up with that clean, he doesn't make that play.

GMAB. You're just nitpicking now...

Can't wait to come back after the game if we win and see all the 180's turned. Guys will go from claiming corpseball to how we are a team of destiny and this is magical. Just like last night.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:18 AM)
Willie Harris had plenty of time last year to showcase his skills, and he performed in a manner that the Sox decided to go after another player to start at 2nd base.  That tells me all I need to know about Harris.

I'm not saying the Sox really think much of Harris, but replacing him was the lowest priority. They stuck to their price for Iguchi. I think it was more of a calculated risk that paid off handsomely. They also picked up a bunch of relief pitchers, and from everything I've heard Ozzie loves Adkins, so I don't know how useful this type of reasoning is.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:26 AM)
Maybe because we're the best team in baseball, and every pitcher is actually bringing their A game to our team?

Just maybe?

He's got 7 groundball outs. He's got his sinker working tonight.

It's not like the Sox have had a bunch of opportunities to score and have failed. We've done a poor job in one situation, where Dye DP'ed -- otherwise, it's a 3-1 ballgame. Weaver is pitching well.