White Sox vs Buddy Bell's Royals 06/20/05

sox-r-us

Buddy Bell has them playing inspired ball, but the Sox have to think minimum series win, and try everything for a sweep

The Twinkies just lost with Santana on the mound today. They could very well lose the series to the Tiggers, giving us the opportunity to really extend this lead to 10 games by the time we play the Flubs

So, I say EAT s*** ROYALS.

:gosox3: :gosox2: :gosox1: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Game info:

Monday: 7:05 p.m.; WCIU-Ch. 26

RH Jose Lima (1-5, 7.38 ERA) vs. RH Brandon McCarthy (0-1, 6.97)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 19, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
so it's official mac is starting?

Yeah it is official. They were talking about it on the post game show on The Score for a little bit.

And GO SOX!!! :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Edited by sayitaintso

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 05:00 AM)
I'll be there in the bleachers. Drop me a PM if you want to meet up. It's gonna be nice to see B-Mac's home debut.

Home debut? From the "Let's go Sox" chants at Wrigley this year, it looked like a home game to me for BMac :lol:

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)
We need our O to jump on Lima and score quickly in the top 3 innings to give BMac some breathing room and let him throw strikes without worrying about HRs

It would also take a ton of pressure off of him too.

Emil Brown is the danger man in the KC lineup, he's been smoking with the bat lately, and the Royals have actually been scoring some runs, but they're starting pitching has also improved since the last time we saw em.

Emil Brown is the danger man in the KC lineup, he's been smoking with the bat lately, and the Royals have actually been scoring some runs, but they're starting pitching has also improved since the last time we saw em.

Wow, is Sweeney headed to the DL? We get all the breaks. He kills us.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
We get all the breaks.

I think you're right. Not only is Mike Sweeney not going to be active for the series, but the game BMac starts, Jose Lima and his 7+ ERA will be going for the Royals.

Hopefully, I won't have to put a bad update on my AAP thread tommorrow.

Edited by Dam8610

I think you're right. Not only is Mike Sweeney not going to be active for the series, but the game BMac starts, Jose Lima and his 7+ ERA will be going for the Royals.

Hopefully, I won't have to put a bad update on my AAP thread tommorrow.

IT'S HERPES TIME! :lolhitting

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:24 PM)
Lima has been lousy, but he can occasionally threw a gem.  I hope we get the head case version of him tonight.

When he's lousy he gives up quite a lot of homers, considering he's a flyball pitcher. All of the Sox hitters shouldn't take in a swing for the fences mentality though.

I am considering driving from Michigan to attend my first game of 2005 tonight.

Anyone want to hang out at the game?

I'll buy a beverage for you.

Half price ticket night! :cheers

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 07:41 AM)
I am considering driving from Michigan to attend my first game of 2005 tonight.

Anyone want to hang out at the game?

I'll buy a beverage for you.

Half price ticket night!  :cheers

I would take you up if I were in town. Unfortunately I'm in KC this week for work...how ironic. I did get to go to the KC/Houston game in Kaufmann yesterday. Nice park. And keep an eye on the rookie 3B for the Royals. He was flashing some leather yesterday and could be an up and coming star for the Royals which isn't saying much.

:gosox1:

Lets make it 5 in a row! If we can get to Lima early and give BMAC some comfort room- we should be in good shape. Could be another historic night at the USCF if Brandon can earn is first MLB victory- watch out Brandon- if you win, expect to go home smelling like Beer. :uhoh

This is a dangerous series imo. Coming off of all the weekend festivites with the Dodgers and the Cubs coming up it's one of those middle series that could be a bit overlooked by the sox. That being said the Sox are just such a good team I expect atleast 2 0f 3 but it is a dangerous series imo.