The Score after the game last night....

BigNDfan80

I was driving home from the game last night and some genius calls in and suggests we trade Scott Podsednik for Corey Patterson. His reasoning was that Patterson can do it all and has more power than Podsednik.

Yeah, we're going to trade the best leadoff guy in baseball for one of the worst.

Didn't the Score just get the Sox radio deal? You think they'd have to have at least a little sanity to get that.

Unless the guy's arguing that Ozzie can turn Cory Patterson into Scott Podsednik when no one else has been able to, this man deserves to have a chair broken over his head for sheer incompetence.

I'm sure all Ozzie wants is another swing and miss guy who can't advance runners and swings for the fences every at bat.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:04 AM)
Didn't the Score just get the Sox radio deal?  You think they'd have to have at least a little sanity to get that.

Unless the guy's arguing that Ozzie can turn Cory Patterson into Scott Podsednik when no one else has been able to, this man deserves to have a chair broken over his head for sheer incompetence.

I'm sure all Ozzie wants is another swing and miss guy who can't advance runners and swings for the fences every at bat.

It was a caller.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
Can I ask who this was? The host of the show...

It was a caller, and everyone started calling in after he called. The host (I think Holmes) said he realizes that it was the dumbest trade proposal in the history of the Score and that the callers didn't have to call in to tell him.

The guy that proposed it had to be a Cubs fan, but he sounded dead serious. His only comments were that no matter what Willie Harris does he still hates him and that they should trade Podsednik for Patterson. I almost crashed when I heard it.

Either a fool-hardy Cub fan or an ignorant Sox fan or something in between. What did the White Sox avoid like the plague in this year's draft? Players represented by BorASS. What is C Patterson? A client of BorASS whom is destined to find a dumbarse owner who buys into BorASSes s*** & overpays for him. No thank you.

We have Crede to deal with in the BorASS stable. We don't need another.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
Either a fool-hardy Cub fan or an ignorant Sox fan or something in between. What did the White Sox avoid like the plague in this year's draft? Players represented by BorASS.  What is C Patterson?  A client of BorASS whom is destined to find a dumbarse owner who buys into BorASSes s*** & overpays for him.  No thank you. 

We have Crede to deal with in the BorASS stable.  We don't need another.

I don't even see Boras being able to get Crede a ridiculous contract.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
Cub fans always have to get in on the attention, don't they? There's always a Cub angle in anything baseball related in their eyes.

I was listening to the post game show on the score last night and someone called in and was complaing about the ESPN announcers and that they kept talking about the cubs and comparing us to the cubs. I don't know if the announcers were doing it becuase i was at the game. Did this actually happen?