Jason Stark

BigSqwert

Listening to 810 AM radio here in KC. They just had Jason Stark (or is it Starks?) from ESPN. The host asked him what he thought of Ozzie Guillen. Jason ripped Ozzie to shreds. Saying that it was a huge mistake for the Sox to give him an extention and that he could count the number of teams that would want Ozzie as their manager on one hand....and there would be fingers left over. He was mostly beefing about how Ozzie speaks his mind too much and eventually it'll wear thin on the team and fans.

He also didn't think this team could go all the way.

Hey Jason...... :finger

Edited by BigSqwert

He could have counted the teams on one hand who would have been interested in Joe Torre when the Yankees hired him and only needed his thumb. Now all the ESPN guys would line up to top him off. I don't understand the almost across the board White Sox bashing from ESPN related guys especially. They are making themselves look very petty and dumb so far this season.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)
He could have counted the teams on one hand who would have been interested in Joe Torre when the Yankees hired him and only needed his thumb. Now all the ESPN guys would line up to top him off.  I don't understand the almost across the board White Sox bashing from ESPN related guys especially. They are making themselves look very petty and dumb so far this season.

I can't really say I blame them...When's the last time a team won a world series based on speed, defense, timely hitting, and a ton of pitching?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
He could have counted the teams on one hand who would have been interested in Joe Torre when the Yankees hired him and only needed his thumb. I don't understand the almost across the board White Sox bashing from ESPN related guys especially. They are making themselves look very petty and dumb so far this season.

Can you blame ESPN? I mean, across the board, they all thought the Sox would suck this year. The Sox being the best team in baseball is kind of a threat to their status as "experts".

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 12:07 PM)
Can you blame ESPN?  I mean, across the board, they all thought the Sox would suck this year.  The Sox being the best team in baseball is kind of a threat to their status as "experts".

Their status as "experts" couldn't be more clear.

What was really pathetic about the interview was the fact that Jason doesn't think that Ozzie's mouth will be a negative this year but potentially a year or 2 down the line.

Lets not talk about what a dominating team the Sox are this year. Lets talk about what MIGHT happen a couple years later with the loud-mouth manager.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 06:12 PM)
What was really pathetic about the interview was the fact that Jason doesn't think that Ozzie's mouth will be a negative this year but potentially a year or 2 down the line.

Lets not talk about what a dominating team the Sox are this year.  Lets talk about what MIGHT happen a couple years later with the loud-mouth manager.

Well, I'd say that every manager in the bigs have the potential to be fired within the next few years. All it takes is losing. There has even been questions as to how much longer Joe Torre will be around with the Yanks. Point is, every manager is vulnerable to getting canned. The only solution is winning.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
Listening to 810 AM radio here in KC.  They just had Jason Stark (or is it Starks?) from ESPN.  The host asked him what he thought of Ozzie Guillen.  Jason ripped Ozzie to shreds.  Saying that it was a huge mistake for the Sox to give him an extention and that he could count the number of teams that would want Ozzie as their manager on one hand....and there would be fingers left over.  He was mostly beefing about how Ozzie speaks his mind too much and eventually it'll wear thin on the team and fans.

He also didn't think this team could go all the way.

Hey Jason...... :finger

:bringit

Hey, until the Sox are still the best team in baseball going into the stretch run of the season, they're not going to get the respect they deserve from ESPN's idiot...err...experts, because they all picked the Twins to win the division, and picked their dark horse to be Cleveland. Now that both of those teams combined aren't as many games over .500 as the Sox are, they look stupid, so they're going to sit there and say how the Sox are going to falter and fail eventually. Once they get past their preseason picks late in the season, they'll start begrudgingly admitting that the Sox are for real.

I emailed Jayson to point out that he missed Cliffie's slap hit in his nuggests article the other day.

Whooh. I actually missed that one. Thanks for the

alert!

Regards,

Jayson

Edited by knightni