Bat-Girl concedes?

Kyyle23

Every time the Sox gain another game on the Twinge, I check in on Anne Ursu's/bat-girl's "season long PMS stint", as a certain blogger so aptly put it(Cerbaho and his funny ass blog), to read her heartbroken and angry comments. Mostly because she is pathetic and it is funny. This was on the page today:

1. To Batlings and their sympathizers: Practice following the spaghetti heap of the Wild Card race. Maybe the b**** Sox are going to be that good -- or stay that lucky. Start reading the standings thisaway:

Team W L GB

Boston 40 30 --

Twins 38 30 1

Texas 37 31 2

Cleveland37 32 2.5

Yanquis 37 33 3

Detroit 34 33 4.5

The b**** Sox are fully capable of imploding, yes. But, alas, we're past the point of counting on it.

Staring at the Wild Card standings already? How funny is that? :finger

Edited by kyyle23

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
Every time the Sox gain another game on the Twinge, I check in on Anne Ursu's/bat-girl's  "season long PMS stint", as a certain blogger so aptly put it(Cerbaho and his funny ass blog), to read her heartbroken and angry comments.  Mostly because she is pathetic and it is funny.  This was on the page today:

Staring at the Wild Card standings already?  How funny is that? :finger

yeah I saw that :lolhitting .... :finger

My best friend from college (not batgirl) is a huge Twins fan, and season ticket holder, and she sent me a despondent e-mail yesterday about thinking the Twins might not be able to pull it out this season.

So, they're definitely starting to doubt up there...

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:45 PM)
My best friend from college (not batgirl) is a huge Twins fan, and season ticket holder, and she sent me a despondent e-mail yesterday about thinking the Twins might not be able to pull it out this season.

So, they're definitely starting to doubt up there...

Did you send her a email back saying "You are right to think that way. The Twinge have no chance. Give up now."

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:47 AM)
Did you send her a email back saying "You are right to think that way.  The Twinge have no chance. Give up now."

No, I thought I would be nice. I told her not to think about it and take it one game at a time.

The claws will come out, though, during the last Twins/Sox series of the season though. We actually don't speak to each other during those series. It's intense.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
No, I thought I would be nice. I told her not to think about it and take it one game at a time.

The claws will come out, though, during the last Twins/Sox series of the season though. We actually don't speak to each other during those series. It's intense.

CHICK FIGHT!!! :P

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 05:58 PM)

/will remember to grab a bag of popcorn and watch... :lol:

Since someone mentioned my blog, here's the quote:

Anne's tactics to bash the White Sox are neither intelligent or comical, as she usually just PMS'es all over keyboard until a long paragraph full of b**** Sox'es are present. While her hatred is mighty impressive, the season long PMS stint must be f***ing hell on her vagina and ovaries. One can only calculate how many small lakes Mrs. Ursu could fill with her menstrual blood.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
Since someone mentioned my blog, here's the quote:

Anne's tactics to bash the White Sox are neither intelligent or comical, as she usually just PMS'es all over keyboard until a long paragraph full of b**** Sox'es are present. While her hatred is mighty impressive, the season long PMS stint must be f***ing hell on her vagina and ovaries. One can only calculate how many small lakes Mrs. Ursu could fill with her menstrual blood.

I agree wholeheartedly.

On sort of the same topic, but not concerning Bat Girl...

On the broadcast of the Twinks game last nioght, they ran a graphic titled: "Don't Start to Panic Yet!" Actually, these are all paraphrasings of what it said, since I didn't take notes.

"There are still 92 games left to play." -- Fair enough, I guess.

"Twins are tied with Red Sox for the Wild Card at the beginning of Today's Games." -- OK, I can see that.

"Twins are on pace to win more games than last season." -- Well, I think they're on pace to win one or two more games than last year, so that's fair.

"Twins overcame a 7.5 game deficit at the All-Stak break in 2003" -- Well, yeah. That's true, but anyone who believes the Sox are going to fall apart the way the Royals did two years ago is a lunatic.

I had just finished work and was watching the end of the Twinks and the end of the NBA Finals with some of our regulars and two of them, both Twinks fans, burst out laughing when they read this thing.

On a more realistic note, former Twinks manager Tom Kelly has essentially conceded. He said (and this was passed along to me secondhand, so I'm paraphrasing), "If the White Sox attain a double-digit lead, you can forget about catching them. You'll just have to concentrate on the Wild-Card race."

If you read the post, it was not Bat Girl making those statement, but a guest blogger because BG is gone until June 23(as it says on the top of the page)

But, as a Twins from, I am concerned, but not worried. Its not the alls tar break yet. But if the lead DOES get 10-11 game before then, well, then Ill start to worry

If you read the post, it was not Bat Girl making those statement, but a guest blogger because BG is gone until June 23(as it says on the top of the page)

But, as a Twins from, I am concerned, but not worried. Its not the alls tar break yet. But if the lead DOES get 10-11 game before then, well, then Ill start to worry

If you guys lose tonight it WILL be a 10 game lead. :o

Way back when we were trying to have some visitors post here, I shared a few emails with bat-girl. Privately she is very nice, knowledgeable about baseball, and funny. If she was a Sox fan, we would love to have her post here.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:18 PM)
Way back when we were trying to have some visitors post here, I shared a few emails with bat-girl. Privately she is very nice, knowledgeable about baseball, and funny. If she was a Sox fan, we would love to have her post here.

I agree. Just because somebody roots for another team, it doesn't mean they're an idiot. I'm pretty lucky in that regard. I go to ND and the people here are from all over the US. I probably know at least one fan from every pro-level sports team out there (except maybe the Clippers). It really forced me to build up a bigger knowledge of pro sports as a whole. If you look at the whole league, you can really appreciate the game on a new level. I think I've gotten a lot better at appraising the make-up of a team before a season starts and guessing how well they'll finish up.

One of the things I'm the proudest of was prior to the 2004 MLB season. A bunch of guys were Phillies fans and there were a few Cubs fans in there, too. Basically they were calling a Phillies/Cubs NLCS before the season started. I practically got laughed out of the room when I suggested that St. Louis and Houston might have something to say about it. Guess who had the last laugh over that one? ;)