Bat-Girl concedes?

Kyyle23

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)
If you read the post, it was not Bat Girl making those statement, but a guest blogger because BG is gone until June 23(as it says on the top of the page)

But, as a Twins from, I am concerned, but not worried. Its not the alls tar break yet. But if the lead DOES get 10-11 game before then, well, then Ill start to worry

Worried now?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
I agree.  Just because somebody roots for another team, it doesn't mean they're an idiot.  I'm pretty lucky in that regard.  I go to ND and the people here are from all over the US.  I probably know at least one fan from every pro-level sports team out there (except maybe the Clippers).  It really forced me to build up a bigger knowledge of pro sports as a whole.  If you look at the whole league, you can really appreciate the game on a new level.  I think I've gotten a lot better at appraising the make-up of a team before a season starts and guessing how well they'll finish up.

One of the things I'm the proudest of was prior to the 2004 MLB season.  A bunch of guys were Phillies fans and there were a few Cubs fans in there, too.  Basically they were calling a Phillies/Cubs NLCS before the season started.  I practically got laughed out of the room when I suggested that St. Louis and Houston might have something to say about it.  Guess who had the last laugh over that one?  ;)

ND SUCKS!

/I had to :P

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
Just because somebody roots for another team, it doesn't mean they're an idiot. 

You have to give us Sox fans a break on that particular issue. Most of us are from the Chicago area and in that area, somebody that roots for "another team" is generally, an idiot.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 03:18 AM)
Way back when we were trying to have some visitors post here, I shared a few emails with bat-girl. Privately she is very nice, knowledgeable about baseball, and funny. If she was a Sox fan, we would love to have her post here.

I said that too. She's actually a very good fan and pretty knowledgeable.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 03:07 AM)
You have to give us Sox fans a break on that particular issue.  Most of us are from the Chicago area and in that area, somebody that roots for "another team" is generally, an idiot.

Hell around here if you don't know how to root for the White Sox you are an idiot. :huh:

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 09:34 AM)
While she might be a knowledgeable fan (I don't doubt that in the least), she could have come up with something a bit more creative than "b**** sox," couldn't she?

Maybe she's been lurking around here?

For as knowledgeable and nice as she came off to Kapkomet and Texsox, she certainly comes off as childish and vindictive on her website. I guess perception is not always reality, but come on. She threatens to kick off anyone who cheers for a team other than the Twins immediately.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 08:34 AM)
While she might be a knowledgeable fan (I don't doubt that in the least), she could have come up with something a bit more creative than "b**** sox," couldn't she?

Because "Twinkies" and "Flubs" is a lot better... we're pretty dumb about stuff we do here, too.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)
Because "Twinkies" and "Flubs" is a lot better... we're pretty dumb about stuff we do here, too.

touche'

people are ejected for reasons other than being a fan of another team though.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 09:49 AM)

It's a least a little more creative than just putting b**** in front of the team name. Sorry I asked. Yeesh.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 09:34 AM)

I dunno.. seems pretty accurate given the way many around here "b****". :lol: