Shingo Takatsu B*tches!!!

jasonxctf

I love Shingo, he can still be critically important even if he's never the closer with Hermy around. He's done better, and the last couple outings have been only half-garbage situations. So hopefully his confidence keeps building and along with Cotts, Marte and Politte, we will have that much more depth for the 6th through 8th innings.

(we need a Japanese flag smiley)

Shingo has gotten a lot of consistency back, and then soem IMO. Idgaf what anybody says, he needs more playing time. Luckily, today i think was a bit of abetter situation to put him in, but soon he should be back to the way he was pitching before.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 05:11 PM)
Shingo has gotten a lot of consistency back, and then soem IMO. Idgaf what anybody says, he needs more playing time. Luckily, today i think was a bit of  abetter situation to put him in, but soon he should be back to the way he was pitching before.

This reason (the playing time) was why I was for Shingo going down to Charlotte for a couple weeks, just to get some flow and confidence back. While I still wouldn't be against such an idea, it seems as though he's getting a few more good opportunities of late, and I think Ozzie's pretty close to full faith in Shingo. And at this point, that simply means being added into the Cotts, Marte, Politte mix and maybe closing every once in awhile (i.e. if Dustin has been out there for 2 or 3 days in a row)

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:11 PM)
Shingo has gotten a lot of consistency back, and then soem IMO. Idgaf what anybody says, he needs more playing time. Luckily, today i think was a bit of  abetter situation to put him in, but soon he should be back to the way he was pitching before.

he better, he looks like hes hitting the plate better and using his pitches better, it also helps when not many teams have been able to hit him lately because we havent been using him as much

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
He's getting better, no doubt.  It'd be huge to see him become a valuable piece of the bullpen again.

Shingo's getting there, his last 3 outings he's looked outstanding. I think he's starting to get back to last years form but I want to see him do it consistantly for a while before I declare him back. It would be a huge boost to our pen though if we can get him back to last years form it would be like adding a stud reliever to our pen.

I hope Shingo has figured it out also. He can be a big boost to the bullpen. The one I worry about now is Vizcaino. I don't know what's up with that guy. I saw him pitch in Colorado and he looked good coming in at 92 to 93 MPH with that fastball and then you see him getting hammered on slow stuff. Arm injury?

I wasn't too excited about his performance today for 1 single reason; every pitch he threw was a fastball.

He had excellent control on that fastball, kept the ball down, moved inside and out, but still, he didn't throw a single pitch that didn't clock between 87 and 89.

He needs to be able to throw the changeup and the curve for strikes every now and again to get people off balance. Without that, he'll ace the Royals, but someone else will sit on his fastball and drive it.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
I wasn't too excited about his performance today for 1 single reason; every pitch he threw was a fastball.

He had excellent control on that fastball, kept the ball down, moved inside and out, but still, he didn't throw a single pitch that didn't clock between 87 and 89.

He needs to be able to throw the changeup and the curve for strikes every now and again to get people off balance. Without that, he'll ace the Royals, but someone else will sit on his fastball and drive it.

He did throw one changeup.

Yeah shingo's really gotten his act together...

The scary thing is where would we be without Hermanson through all this.

I mean cotts and politte and marte are doing great. But if Hermanson has really stepped up and taken a powerful closer spot..

hopefully shingo can continue to get his act together and not pitch 86 MPH fast balls down the middle OR walk everyone on the opposing team...

But if you read stories of the old timers, they will all say that the great pitchers back then would only use their best stuff if they had to. They would talk about how if a pitcher did it all right, then they would only use the best stuff maybe three times a game. So if Shingo is getting people out using anything BUT his best stuff, why bother giving them the time to see it anymore than they really need to?

QUOTE(Rohan @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
Yeah shingo's really gotten his act together...

The scary thing is where would we be without Hermanson through all this.

I mean cotts and politte and marte are doing great. But if Hermanson has really stepped up and taken a powerful closer spot..

hopefully shingo can continue to get his act together and not pitch 86 MPH fast balls down the middle OR walk everyone on the opposing team...

The highest i saw his fastball today was at 89 MPH. It looked alot faster on TV to me.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
The highest i saw his fastball today was at 89 MPH. It looked alot faster on TV to me.

Sure, 86-89 MPH..

But what's his change up speed? It's in the upper 50's isn't it?

That's a HUGE drop that's quiet efficient..

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
I hope Shingo has figured it out also. He can be a big boost to the bullpen. The one I worry about now is Vizcaino. I don't know what's up with that guy. I saw him pitch in Colorado and he looked good coming in at 92 to 93 MPH with that fastball and then you see him getting hammered on slow stuff. Arm injury?

I suspect Vizcaino has never been very consistent. It's obvious that he hasn't been so this year, but if you check his career stats, they reek of inconsistency.

2000 - 2004 (granted, only 12 G in 2000)

That 6.39 ERA in 2003 came with 75 appearances. Though I'm just guessing, I can't imagine a relief pitcher being used so much if he's consistently that bad - even for the Brewers. He must have had some excellent stretches and a bunch of lousy ones to get such a high ERA.

QUOTE(Rohan @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
Sure, 86-89 MPH..

But what's his change up speed? It's in the upper 50's isn't it?

That's a HUGE drop that's quiet efficient..

Probaly uppper 50's to mid 60's. That's the best i remember seeing it.

Edited by sayitaintso

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
But if you read stories of the old timers, they will all say that the great pitchers back then would only use their best stuff if they had to. They would talk about how if a pitcher did it all right, then they would only use the best stuff maybe three times a game. So if Shingo is getting people out using anything BUT his best stuff, why bother giving them the time to see it anymore than they really need to?

Exactly. If he had gotten behind, he would have used the spinner.