Old Sox baseball cards

I've started trying to collect one card of each white sox player/mgr(if they've had a card made while with the sox) since I became white sox-conscious in 1978. I live in Texas now so its hard to find some of the old, spare players. If anyone has some or most of these guys, I'd like to buy them off you. I don't care about condition or year or anything like that, the less expensive the better. All I ask is that they've got "white sox" somewhere on the card.

Shawn Abner

Terry Bevington

Rodney Bolton

Pat Borders

John Cangelosi

Carlos Castillo

Tony Catillo

Will Cordero

Cal Eldred

Oscar Gamble

Atlee Hammaker

Darren Jackson

Charles Johnson

Mike Lavallier

Jerry Manuel

J. McKeon

Jim Morrison

Kelly Paris

Tony Phillips

Scott Sanderson

Dave Stieb

Kevin Tapani

Danny Tartabull

Don Wakamatsu

Steve Wapnik

Craig Wilson

Mike Woodard

PM me if you can help. Thank again.

:gosoxretro:

Best place to get common baseball cards in my own opinion is www.sportlots.com They start at 18 cents. Type in the players name and it will give you all the different vendors who have that players cards. Be careful to get cards from the same vendor, or shipping gets expensive really quick (I learned the hard way). The only bad thing is that the team name is not shown, so you may accidently get a Don Slaught card on the pirates, but it is easier than getting them anywhere else.

Some of those guys are gonna be pretty hard to find with a White Sox Uniform on. If they are deadline deal trades your going to have to rely on the 'update sets' to find their cards. I would imagine I have about 1/2 of the players on the list somewhere in my basement.

I would really recommend finding a 'set builder' card dealer and try to get him to help you out. If you need anymore information feel free to PM me.

Guys ... can someone direct me to a sportscard store in the western suburbs, i.e. near Naperville? I have a huge lot of 1974 cards and also a bunch from 1966. They are mostly commons and I'm not looking for much ... about $35 or so for several hundred cards.

They have been sitting around and I've been meaning to do something with them.

My parents house in the closet of my old bedroom, there is about 15,000 loose baseball cards in boxes. I'd be willing to bet half of those guys are in there somewhere.

Problem is, I'm not about to go through them. Sorry.

QUOTE(wherehaveyougoneharold @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
I've started trying to collect one card of each white sox player/mgr(if they've had a card made while with the sox) since I became white sox-conscious in 1978.  I live in Texas now so its hard to find some of the old, spare players.  If anyone has some or most of these guys, I'd like to buy them off you.  I don't care about condition or year or anything like that, the less expensive the better.  All I ask is that they've got "white sox" somewhere on the card.

Shawn Abner

Terry Bevington

Rodney Bolton

Pat Borders

John Cangelosi

Carlos Castillo

Tony Catillo

Will Cordero

Cal Eldred

Oscar Gamble

Atlee Hammaker

Darren Jackson

Charles Johnson

Mike Lavallier

Jerry Manuel

J. McKeon

Jim Morrison

Kelly Paris

Tony Phillips

Scott Sanderson

Dave Stieb

Kevin Tapani

Danny Tartabull

Don Wakamatsu

Steve Wapnik

Craig Wilson

Mike Woodard

PM me if you can help.  Thank again.

I Got a bunch of repeats in a Box. Maybe I could help ya out. I wanna get rid of a few of them i got mine in binders.

I got some Shawn Abner's

Scott Sanderson

Mike Woodward

Kelly Paris

John Cangelosi

Mike Lavalliere

J. McKeon

Let me know what ya got cause i'm missing some of the newer teams in my Sox Scrap Book And some of the 88 Season and 86 Before that i don't got many and i'm interested in getiing someof them even tho i don't buy cards no more

Ohh and the only Oscar Gamble Sox card that Exists is the one form the 85 season.

QUOTE(mmmmmbeeer @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
way to make a new member feel welcome...

I agree why does he have to buy them if domeone here has spares and could just give them to him to complete his colection. Maybe he can help other collectors with spares that they're missing... YTeah someone like me ;)

Wow! Thanks to everyone for all the help! That's great! I'll start looking on the web. I'm more than willing to trade any that I may have! Anyone wanting any, just let me know.

I tried the eBay thing. I ordered "lots" but these were a few guys that weren't in there. I would try searching Ebay for the individuals, but believe it or not there's not a lot of people out there collecting John Cangelosi. Wonder why? :P

By the way. If you guys want any of your old cards signed, check out this site. Its got the home addresses of players listed! I've already gotten back my Jim Kern and Mike Squires cards! It works. Gonna send out a bunch more this week.

http://www.baseball-resources.com/addresses/main.htm

Ok, so I'm a dork. A devoted dork.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
He meant that he felt stupid for asking, b/c he figured the guy probably had.  It wasn't an attack.

Exactly--I wasn't attacking the poster in any way, I just thought he had probably checked Ebay, but I was just making sure. You can find pretty much anything on Ebay (except, apparently, John Cangelosi cards :P).

No harm, no foul.

QUOTE(wherehaveyougoneharold @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
I've started trying to collect one card of each white sox player/mgr(if they've had a card made while with the sox) since I became white sox-conscious in 1978.  I live in Texas now so its hard to find some of the old, spare players.  If anyone has some or most of these guys, I'd like to buy them off you.  I don't care about condition or year or anything like that, the less expensive the better.  All I ask is that they've got "white sox" somewhere on the card.

Shawn Abner

Terry Bevington

Rodney Bolton

Pat Borders

John Cangelosi

Carlos Castillo

Tony Catillo

Will Cordero

Cal Eldred

Oscar Gamble

Atlee Hammaker

Darren Jackson

Charles Johnson

Mike Lavallier

Jerry Manuel

J. McKeon

Jim Morrison

Kelly Paris

Tony Phillips

Scott Sanderson

Dave Stieb

Kevin Tapani

Danny Tartabull

Don Wakamatsu

Steve Wapnik

Craig Wilson

Mike Woodard

PM me if you can help.  Thank again.

Are you looking for Topps brand cards, or "Any" brand name cards with these guys on them. I am a Sox Topps collector, and have quite a few commons in Topps, but in other brands as well. As of now, I'm working a ton of hours , but I'll try and look up what you need ASAP.

I have about 3000 extras of just White Sox player. Only problem, they just got put into storage over the weekend. I am in the middle of selling my house and moving, and they probably won't be brought back to me until mid-august. PM me later if you still need some then, and I will have them all back by then. I have been on a quest to get White Sox team sets from as many years and sets as possible. No where complete, but if you ask my wife, I have waaaay too many.

This is what I am looking for if you have extras of any around. Good luck!

http://www.sportscardfun.com/trader/twojudds.asp

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 05:06 AM)
I have the entire 1959 White Sox team set.

I put it together over 15 years.

That's what i mean. Cause when he played in 77 he and Zisk don't have a card with the Sox. If you look at that years set Zisk is with the Rangers and Gamble with the Pads as they signed with them after playing with the sox

QUOTE(Rooftop Shots @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 07:22 PM)
Are you looking for Topps brand cards, or "Any" brand name cards with these guys on them. I am a Sox Topps collector, and have quite a few commons in Topps, but in other brands as well. As of now, I'm working a ton of hours , but I'll try and look up what you need ASAP.

Don't care about brand name at all. In fact the more different kinds of cards that are represented the better. PM when you're ready, and thanks!