Fun, light article on Mark B.

LosMediasBlancas

I like Buehrle but this is the crap that I hate...

To general manager Ken Williams, there are the Buehrle stories that might be lighthearted to others, just not to him. There were the two St. Louis Cardinals offseason conventions Buehrle attended and let it be known he was a Cardinals fan who wouldn't mind pitching there one day. And there are also those rainy days when Buehrle elects to belly-flop on the infield tarp.

Buerhle absolutely rocks...on the field and off...ok, that sounded gay...anyway, I'm just afraid that after his current contract, we'll be seeing him in St. Louis. That will suck. He's the type to take less money to play there and St. Louis would never pass him up. I hope the day doesn't come.... :pray

It would suck if we lost him, but I can't say I'd be pissed at him. If I was a great pitcher and had the chance to play anywhere, you better believe I'd play for the Sox.

Maybe winning a WS would keep him around, then again it might be more reason for him to leave. :huh

I'm gonna enjoy Mark while he's here.

''I just do what comes natural,'' Buehrle said. ''I try to come in here and have a good time as much as I can. You're going to have your bad days and you're going to have your good days. But when you're in the big leagues making a lot of money playing a game that you love, how could you not be happy every day you come here?

''Do you realize how many people would want to be in my position or be in a clubhouse with a chance to pitch in the big leagues? I'm just taking every advantage of it that I can.''

Sign this guy through 2050!!!

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 09:15 AM)
Sign this guy through 2050!!!

I agree!!!!!!!! With his mechanics, attitude, personality, work ethic...He's like a Manager/Owner/GM/Fan dream come true. He is one of the few players I would offer a long term contract too. I know JR doesn't like to do that for pitchers, but Mark has proven himself worthy. Id even work in there a free Limo trip to his hometown, when the sox have an off day, so he doesn't have to hitch.

I really hope MB is around for a long time.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

Cliff Politte's favorite story was a game against the Minnesota Twins last season when Jacque Jones broke an 0-for-23 slide against Buehrle with a single. The Sox pitcher, at the urging of the Twins bench, offered the ball to Jones at first base for a keepsake. For the record, Buehrle then picked off Jones at first base and struck him out in his remaining three at-bats.

LMAO.

I don't think we should worry too much about Buehrle bolting for St. Louis. Remember, he said all that stuff about wanting to play there the two previous years before he signed his current contract. And if I remember correctly, there was a good chance that St. Louis would have given him more money if he had waited for free agency.

There's little doubt that he'd love to play for the Cardinals, but I also get the feeling that he's pretty comfortable here. As long as we give him a fair contract, I'm sure Mark will be here for years to come.

I've said it before, but it bares repeating: Buehrle's productivity at this stage in his career is comparable to McDowell and even Hoyt. That said, he's even more valuable, since it seems like he could enjoy a career twice or even three times as long as those two. Buehrle seems like he could be the new Maddox.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 05:24 PM)
I've said it before, but it bares repeating: Buehrle's productivity at this stage in his career is comparable to McDowell and even Hoyt.  That said, he's even more valuable, since it seems like he could enjoy a career twice or even three times as long as those two.  Buehrle seems like he could be the new Maddox.

Tommy Maddox???

Buerhle ----> St. Louis

Rocket ----> Houston

I wouldn't have a problem with Mark finishing his career in St. Louis and living out his dream. I just hope it is via a trade and not free agency. He has given 100% to this team each year.

And don't tell me that if any of us were lucky enough to be playing in Minnesota or LA we wouldn't want a season or two on the southside. No disrespect to the Twins or Dodgers, but the chance to play for the Sox would be very cool. We have to accept the reverse.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
Buerhle ----> St. Louis

Rocket ----> Houston

I wouldn't have a problem with Mark finishing his career in St. Louis and living out his dream. I just hope it is via a trade and not free agency. He has given 100% to this team each year.

And don't tell me that if any of us were lucky enough to be playing in Minnesota or LA we wouldn't want a season or two on the southside. No disrespect to the Twins or Dodgers, but the chance to play for the Sox would be very cool. We have to accept the reverse.

Yeah that's the way I look at it. If I was playing for St. Louis, I would be dying to pitch for the White Sox someday.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
Buerhle ----> St. Louis

Rocket ----> Houston

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 03:16 PM)
Yeah that's the way I look at it. If I was playing for St. Louis, I would be dying to pitch for the White Sox someday.

Agreed x 2. I just hope we can have Buehrle for a little bit longer. I'd like to see us at least get another contract out of him after this current one ends. I totally understand him wanting to play for St. Louis at one point in his career.