NCAA 2006

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 06:02 PM)
Impact Players

ISU (for Heads):

#66-DT

#1-WR

#27-HB

#66 - Nick Leaders

#1 - Todd Blythe....best HS player in Iowa a few years back....had ACL surgery.....one of the top Frosh WR in the nation last year...

#27 - Stevie Hicks came into his own at the end of last year

Surprised #7 Bret Meyer isn't listed, even though I don't like him.

I will be leading Iowa State to the promised land as always.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Benson&Rexage @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 10:44 PM)
Do you go to ND?

My neighbors at Ball State Parents own a resturant right next door to Notre Dame Stadium it is an Itlian place called Pireces ( I think thats how you spell it) I went over there for the BC game this year and we ate there for dinner with Digger Phelps. Great food. Digger is a douche bag though

Yea, I go there and that's awesome...Parisi's is a great resturant. I agree, Digger is quite the douche. :P Small world, ain't it?

North Texas becoming very good isn't out of the question. They had a good season last year with quite possibly the best freshmen runningback in the nation in Jammario Thomas who ran for 1801 yards with 17 TD's. They could be a program on the rise and be known for something other than their music progra, so keep an eye on the Mean Green.

North Texas becoming very good isn't out of the question. They had a good season last year with quite possibly the best freshmen runningback in the nation in Jammario Thomas who ran for 1801 yards with 17 TD's. They could be a program on the rise and be known for something other than their music progra, so keep an eye on the Mean Green.

The only reason they have good seasons is because they tear apart the Sun Belt, other than that they arent too impressive..

BTW Soxnbears.. they said in 06 they fixed it so small schools dont have a few solid years and start pulling in the top recruits.. so I dont think you have to worry about that anymore.. which is good..

I was tried of having my stud teams get upset by the cupcakes I scheduled, very unrealistic

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jun 29, 2005 -> 05:59 PM)
what's wrong with meyer :huh

I don't like how the QB controversy was treated with him and Flynn. It seemed like the coaches said it was open to anyone but were all too ready to hand it to Meyer.

I was so disallusioned with last year's game that I might not get it. If I do however, I will be using the Northwestern Wildcats. I usually play out a few dynasties with them because I recruit different guys every time and the guys that leave early aren't always the same. I'm not surprised by their impact players, Tim McGarigle is the nation's leading returning tackler, Loren Howard might be a 1st rounder, and Basanez is finally starting to look decent at QB (was decent last year even though his shoulder was messed up). I'll be interested to see how they rank Barry Coefield and Zack Strief, those guys are studs.

I always get one dynasty going with the Illini, then also like to take a midmajor to national dominance, in the past I've used North Texas back when they had the huge dude nicknamed Booger, Akron is usually a good one, Utah State, crap teams like that. That or else I create a team with a bunch of my friends and other random fake people. Nick Smith was my quarterback a couple years ago, he was amazing.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
I don't like how the QB controversy was treated with him and Flynn. It seemed like the coaches said it was open to anyone but were all too ready to hand it to Meyer.

that's because meyer is a stud and he will be there for three more years

FWIW, I figured out how to dominate the recruiting in last year's game. Within a year, I can take any team (did it with Indiana) and they will have the #1 recruiting class in the country. I have run dynasties for Michigan, Indiana and Notre Dame and other than the first year for Indiana and Notre Dame, the only time I didn't have the #1 class in the country (usually 6-8 five-star players and the rest 4-stars) was when Michigan was on probation and I could only get 11-13 players per class............

Just about every store you find has a different release date on it. I've seen alot of stores with the 11th and 12th as to when they will receive it, and I've seen on the Target website that they say the 6th is when they will receive it for PS2. Its pretty confusing, but I'm just trying to get it as soon as I can.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jul 3, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
Just about every store you find has a different release date on it. I've seen alot of stores with the 11th and 12th as to when they will receive it, and I've seen on the Target website that they say the 6th is when they will receive it for PS2. Its pretty confusing, but I'm just trying to get it as soon as I can.

Yeah, I tried going to CompUsa today but they didnt have any.

And Jason, supposedly a lot of the stores recieved their shipment already but the release date is July 12th (supposedly). The reason for the thought of a early release is the fact that all the stores have the game already and are confused about when it comes out. Some stores have already sold it (and payed a $50,000 fine) but there are rumors that those who sell early wont recieve Madden on time.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 05:46 PM)
Those Northwestern ratings are awesome.  McGarigle is gonna be a stud for NU this year, and was a lot of fun to watch last season.

Can't wait for it to come out for X-Box...  :headbang

Where are you getting the ratings from? If NU is any good I can have some real fun with this.

QUOTE(soxhawks @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
that's because meyer is a stud and he will be there for three more years

He may be a stud, but one of my friends down at ISU says he's an ass.

Oh well, can't beat results, I suppose.

Some custom covers

PS2 - http://photobucket.com/albums/y251/udlb58/

XBOX - http://photobucket.com/albums/b222/xboxcovers/

These weren't made by me, but a kid on the ign boards, here's the whole thread: http://boards.ign.com/NCAA_Football_(EA)/b6051/91669985/p1

The template for anyone who wants to make their own is here: http://www.maddennation.com/ncaa2006/

Also, team ratings for a few conferences: http://www.maddennation.com/ncaa2006/ratings/