Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT

Spiff

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
My personal favorites are in no particular order:

The Cartridge Family (Homer joins the NRA)

Homer vs the 18th Ammendment (Homer is the Beer Baron)

Simpson Tide (Homer joins the Naval reserve)

I'm not going to include quotes, otherwise I'll be typing all night.

no love for mr. plow?

We can't have Jose Contreras walking 6/7 guys and throwing 1 or 2 wild pitches a game. This guy has got to throw what AJ tells him to throw. For the life of me, I can't figure out how AJ hasn't punched him in the face yet.

Now he hands them the tie game. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:23 AM)
The problem with freeing up that much money is that it appears to be a less than stellar FA class. Plus, those teams you mentioned aren't going to just give those guys away.

If Contreras can finish the year around a 4.00 ERA, he'll be a valuable asset come this offseason; especially considering the FA starting pitcher class is AJ Burnett and the rest.

We should net a pretty decent to solid player for Contreras, if we eat a million or two. I also think with some more money we'll delve into that Japanese market again, several pitchers wanting to come over here...

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 09:53 AM)
A lot of people said that McCarthy's start against the Tigers would be a big determining factor for KW in making a move, but I think this start is just as big.

^I meant this. Contreras has the best stuff of any pitcher around. If any person on this site had half the talent as him, they'd be an ace.

If it weren't for Ozuna, I'd probably hate all Cubans :P