Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT

Spiff

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
Hopefully Jose is ok. It would put the Sox in a tough bind if both him and Duque are down.

i'm lmao at your sig right now. and cursing you at the same time. nananananana leader!!!

what is hurting on jose?

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:14 AM)
I suppose it depends on what the Sox do with the $8.5 million they'd save. Put at least half into a productive third baseman perhaps if they don't want to keep Crede, and the rest in the bullpen.

We should be in a good position heading into the offseason. Assuming we pass our attendence of last year, we'll raise the payroll anywhere from $5-$15 million, if not more.

If I were GM, I'd look to restructure Thomas' deal to keep him here for the rest of his career, but not at $10 million -- maybe $7-$8. Then the same goes for Garland and Pierzynski. Konerko is gonna get a lot of money, and I bet he and his agent know that. Let him walk, get yourself a good thirdbaseman or one of the several 1B prospects that seem to be popping up -- Gonzalez from Texas, Howard from Philly, or (not a prospect) Overbay from Milwaukee. Or you could just move Dye to first and use he and Gload there.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
i'm lmao at your sig right now. and cursing you at the same time. nananananana leader!!!

what is hurting on jose?

I'm glad you picked up on my sig. That has to be one of the greatest simpsons episodes ever :lol:

It looks like he had some cramps in his calf.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
I'm glad you picked up on my sig.  That has to be one of the greatest simpsons episodes ever :lol: 

it is quality television.

sounds more like menstrual cramps to me.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:21 PM)
We should be in a good position heading into the offseason.  Assuming we pass our attendence of last year, we'll raise the payroll anywhere from $5-$15 million, if not more.

If I were GM, I'd look to restructure Thomas' deal to keep him here for the rest of his career, but not at $10 million -- maybe $7-$8.  Then the same goes for Garland and Pierzynski.  Konerko is gonna get a lot of money, and I bet he and his agent know that.  Let him walk, get yourself a good thirdbaseman  or one of the several 1B prospects that seem to be popping up -- Gonzalez from Texas, Howard from Philly, or (not a prospect) Overbay from Milwaukee.  Or you could just move Dye to first and use he and Gload there.

The problem with freeing up that much money is that it appears to be a less than stellar FA class. Plus, those teams you mentioned aren't going to just give those guys away.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
We should be in a good position heading into the offseason.  Assuming we pass our attendence of last year, we'll raise the payroll anywhere from $5-$15 million, if not more.

If I were GM, I'd look to restructure Thomas' deal to keep him here for the rest of his career, but not at $10 million -- maybe $7-$8.  Then the same goes for Garland and Pierzynski.  Konerko is gonna get a lot of money, and I bet he and his agent know that.  Let him walk, get yourself a good thirdbaseman  or one of the several 1B prospects that seem to be popping up -- Gonzalez from Texas, Howard from Philly, or (not a prospect) Overbay from Milwaukee.  Or you could just move Dye to first and use he and Gload there.

I wouldn't go that far. It really depends highly on payroll and how the Sox do. If they make the playoffs than I think your scenario is likely, but if they don't Kenny has already hinted some changes will have to be made (Contreras and Duque would likely be the guys or at least two of them to be a part of those changes).

Plus you have to consider Frank and Paulie. One of those guys will be gone. If things go well, than the Sox could keep the current team pretty much together and have a little room to up payroll for another player or two.

First I just want to see the team continue to kick butt this year. That and I'd like to see Chavez and a good reliever. I'd ooze my pants over Chavez and Lidge but I highly doubt it would happen.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 10:22 PM)
I'm glad you picked up on my sig.  That has to be one of the greatest simpsons episodes ever :lol: 

My personal favorites are in no particular order:

The Cartridge Family (Homer joins the NRA)

Homer vs the 18th Ammendment (Homer is the Beer Baron)

Simpson Tide (Homer joins the Naval reserve)

I'm not going to include quotes, otherwise I'll be typing all night.