SP: Ray Liotta (5-3, 2.48)

Box Score

Bristol @ Pulaski

SP: Jacob Jean (1-1, 6.75)

Box Score

Helena @ Great Falls

SP: Carlos Torres (0-0, 0.00)

Box Score

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
Thank you.

Charlotte with an early 3-0 lead vs. Schilling.

Meh, that Schilling guy is a scrub.

EDIT: Ross already has a double and is hitting .421 now. I think he's ready, Kenny.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
Happy bday :headbang Why the hell are you spending it on here :P

Already had the bday bash out at my uncle's. We camped for two nights and I enjoyed some Black velvet and Grand Marnier....

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
Gio gave up 3 runs in the 1st inning in his first action since June 17.

Yeah, he was obviously rusty. First three guys got hits, the third being a HR.

He's surrendered another HR, but struck out 6 and walked none in 5IP. I'd say it was a positive start, once he got back in the swing of things.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
Make it .423, with another HR. (not off Schilling though)

He can't play OF though -- and that's what really matters... :rolly

Alright, I have a question. Who are this year's draftees that I should be looking at/for in the box scores, other than the obvious ones like Broadway? I've been watching what Cunningham has been doing, and Getz -- and, I think the other kid's name is Cortez? Anyone else I should really keep my eye on?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
He can't play OF though -- and that's what really matters...  :rolly

Alright, I have a question.  Who are this year's draftees that I should be looking at/for in the box scores, other than the obvious ones like Broadway?  I've been watching what Cunningham has been doing, and Getz -- and, I think the other kid's name is Cortez?  Anyone else I should really keep my eye on?

I don't pay any attention until the make it out of the rookie leagues. That's when the stats actually start to mean something.

Make sure you're paying attention to Daniel Cortes and not Martin Cortez. Cortez with a Z is 22 and just now beginning his pro career in Bristol. Cortes with an S is the draftee. Both players have ERAs well into double digits so you lose either way right now lol. Keep an eye on Richard Brooks, 3rd round pick. He just started for Bristol a few days ago and did well. We've heard mixed reports on how good the guy is so we'll have to find out by keeping track of him.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
I don't pay any attention until the make it out of the rookie leagues. That's when the stats actually start to mean something.

I was gonna say something like that. It's worth watching for the high draft picks, but other than that don't get too excited. It's probably less than 50/50 that guys that do well in rookie ball even get to AA as full time players.

I kind of start giving prospects notice once they reach low a, and than when they get to AA thats when I really really follow them especially thanks to BHAM and all his awesome recaps.

A couple of prospects I hope to see in AA next year would be Gio, Broadway, and Fabio Castro.... and a course Ryan Sweeney.

Guest JimH

Some great pitching for the Sox farmhands tonite. Diaz had a good outing, The Haegermeister with an 8 inning gem, Ray Liotta a fine effort.

Barons 1 Huntsville 0

W- Haeger (3-0) L- Sarfate Sv-Jenks (18)

Wow very impressive outing by Charlie tonight of the 3 hits he gave up none where hit hard all bloops, Not even a good swing tonight. I remeber saying to myself that the Huntsville hitters would be praying for a Fastball pitcher well they got one in 9th by the name of Bobby Jenks and the pitch Sequence went as follows #1 Fastball 98 Foul Tip #2 Fastball 99 Swing Miss and #3 Curve called strike 3 this was to Tony Gwynn Jr. After a bloop then went fastball to Rotino for a called Strike then Curve called strike finally sinker grounded into 6-4-3 DP to end game. Of the Barons 5 hits 2 for both Chris Stewart and Pedro Lopez. Stewart hit a line shot homer for the only run off Sarfate who was a tough luck loser tonight. What I liked about Haeger tonight was his composure after allowing his second hit of the game a baserunner who was clearly out was called safe that put tying run in scoring position in the 6th with 2 out and Gwynn Jr coming up a slow chopper that was in between Fields and the mound he knew Josh had no chance and might have rushed his throw so Haeger gets it plants off balance fires a strike to nail Gwynn and very good runner. Some roster moves will be made by game time tomorrow from what I am hearing the move could be Matt Smith coming down or Wasserman coming up.