Best Homerun Call?

rangercal

DJ's "Uh Oh" Has grown pretty popular around these parts. So I thought I would pose the question. What do you prefer?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. DJ's "Uh Oh" Has grown pretty popular around these parts. So I thought I would pose the question. What do you prefer?

• Hawk- u Can Put it on the Board YESSSSSSSS!!!
    • DJ- UH OH ! Bye Bye!

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 07:08 AM)
not to be negative, because we are 30 games over .500 and all is right in the world, but i think dj's home run call blows.

dont feel bad, we all think that way. ;)

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 04:28 AM)
If it were DJ against anyone else I'd give it to DJ. But that'd just be a joke, and no matter how big of a joke this could be, I simply couldn't disrespect Hawk and the greatest home run call in the game.

Good way to put it. Hawk's is always the best. However, DJ's is so bad that it's good. I love it. :lol:

My 5-year-old finishes the Hawk HR call for me - all I have to say is "He Looks UP...." and she does the rest.....although I do start the call now with "GIT UP!! STRETCH!!!" :headbang

She only says "uh-oh" when she spills something. :crying

Therefore, Hawk's call wins!

:notworthy

QUOTE(slick03 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
I'm with you.  I absolutely love Rooney's homerun calls.  He gets so excited.  He makes it fun to listen to the games.

On Carmen and Silvy this morning they replayed Rooney's call on Thomas' homerun last night. I got pumped up just listening to it, Rooney definitely makes the game exciting to listen to.

QUOTE(slick03 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:05 AM)
I'm with you.  I absolutely love Rooney's homerun calls.  He gets so excited.  He makes it fun to listen to the games.

How about, "...and Thomas loses it into the night!!"

Yes, I agree, Rooney > Hawk.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
On Carmen and Silvy this morning they replayed Rooney's call on Thomas' homerun last night. I got pumped up just listening to it, Rooney definitely makes the game exciting to listen to.

I love Rooney's calls...he'll give you the chills cuz he's so into the game. You can tell how passionate he is for the Sox, it's refreshing to have a fan in the booth, not just a Joe Schmo.

Anyway, DJ's HR call may just be the worst I've ever heard. I think he does a decent job as the analyst, but definitely leave the HR calls to Hawk.

Hawk :stick DJ

Did anyone here Chris Rongey on the score last night making fun of DJs call of Frank's homer last night? Hilarious stuff. He said, " Oh MYyyyYY!" His voce cracked as he was saying it. Rongey kept playing into commercials and back from. I cracked up every time I heard it.

QUOTE(GLOAD is GOD @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 10:44 AM)
DJ's Homerun call was downright awkward, it certainly showed why he is responsible for chiming in YES! to Hawk's legendary call

Welcome to Soxtalk, Gload! :cheers

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 08:32 AM)
I cant vote against Hawk  :gosox3:

:uhoh  But, I love  DJ's call too

Why even a poll for this??? Thjis sould be a landslide. DJ sucks plain and simple. Sheesh more wasted time ;)