Frank's homer last night

WilliamTell

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
Are you guys kidding?  30 Hrs in about 3/5 of a season?  20 HRs would be a huge accomplishment for the big guy.  30 Hrs would put him at about 50 Hrs for a full season, which Frank has never really been that close to doing in a full year  (I believe 43 was his high).  The HR pace will slow, and the average will rise as he gets comfortable.

He would have had 50 during the strike shortened year, doest that count? :P

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
How many HR's is he on pace for. It has to be alot.

I'm sure his bat will come around... I wouldn't mind if he kept up this HR pace though...

Taking his HR/AB and then assuming he has a full season worth of AB's (let's say 550), he'd be on pace for 79.7 HR.

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 6, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
The shot last night had me hoping, but it didn't happen, so I still wonder........Who will be the first player to hit one into the fundamentals area?

Realize that Joe Borchards HR that hit the concourse was about a section over in RF from the same spot in LF and that was 502 feet. You would still have to get more elevation to get it up onto that deck. I would guess you are talking a legitimate 550 foot HR or more. It isn't going to happen.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
Realize that Joe Borchards HR that hit the concourse was about a section over in RF from the same spot in LF and that was 502 feet.  You would still have to get more elevation to get it up onto that deck.  I would guess you are talking a legitimate 550 foot HR or more.  It isn't going to happen.

Ah, Frank's just rusty. Give him time. :rolly