IF you were on the sox

drowninginflame

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bats3280 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
:headbang GNR's Welcome to the Jungle :notworthy  hands down.

That's the 1st one that came to mind because well a lot of players use it.

One that came to mind for me was "Keep the Dream Alive" by Oasis. How appropriate for a closer. ;)

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
I'd come out with a silk black robe jogging and punching my way to the mound as a closer all while "Eye of the Tiger" is playing in the background! Then, I come to the infield grass, rip off the robe, and jog up and down the mound, get to the rubber, and throw both arms in the air in celebration!

^^^^^^

Ooh, good idea!

"Eye of The Tiger" would be a great one. :headbang

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
"Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton.

Because Clapton f***ing rocks.

Actually Clapton himself isn't a bad idea, although somehow I don't think Tears in Heaven Fits...

Layla however would work very well

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 11:59 AM)
Once lost my hearing for a couple days after a 1994 Vic show  :headbang  :headbang

One of the best local bands ever

I saw them at Longue Axe at around the same time. David Yow dove off the stage and kicked my buddy in the face.......on accident of course.

AWESOME band!!

the rowdies choice is "breadfan" by metallica. a somewhat unknown song, possibly a top 5 metallica song. download it if you've never heard it. screw lars. by the way, the rowdies commend soxtalk.com on your work to get pods on the allstar team. we did all we could as well. too bad our boy doesnt have the numbers right now, but he will. we will keep you posted on our next appearence. RR

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
"Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton.

Because Clapton f***ing rocks.

Clapton does rock; unfortunately that song does not. I guess if you want to make everyone depressed, and not at all pump yourself up, then that would be a good one.

It's like when the Sox play that stupid "I'm lonely" song. It just doesn't work.

QUOTE(rowand's rowdies @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
the rowdies choice is "breadfan" by metallica. a somewhat unknown song, possibly a top 5 metallica song. download it if you've never heard it. screw lars. by the way, the rowdies commend soxtalk.com on your work to get pods on the allstar team. we did all we could as well. too bad our boy doesnt have the numbers right now, but he will. we will keep you posted on our next appearence.  RR

"Breadfan" is a great song. You could consider it a top 5 Metallica song, if it weren't a cover originally released by Budgie in 1973 on the "Never Turn Your Back On A Friend" album... They do rock the hell out of it, much better than Budgie ever did.

QUOTE(He_Gawn @ Jul 8, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
Game Over (Lil Flip)

Yeah that's a good one for a closer...on a side note the Timberwolves used to play that song at their games when Flip Saunders would be announced which always got the place fired up.

On another side-note...please don't ever change your sig. The prospects can go but I am getting too used to seeing that girl from the Real World.

Edited by OfficerKarkovice