A's at White Sox 7/9 Gameday Thread

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
There's not a doubt in my mind I'd rather play the A's in the playoffs than the Rangers or Angels.  The Rangers offense is awesome, and the Angels have a dynamite team with a great bullpen.  We didn't see Vlad from them this year or K-Rod, which really helped.  We match-up better against the A's....we just have to stop playing like pussies against them.

If we'd play the Rangers in the playoffs which won't happen, we'd rock them. Probably a sweep.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
If we'd play the Rangers in the playoffs which won't happen, we'd rock them.  Probably a sweep.

I want NOTHING to do with the Rangers line-up. Especially considering they tee-off against Sox pitchers in Texas on a regular basis. I would like our chances of winning a 4-2 game against the A's. Anyways, there's still a long way to go before we can worry about that.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:55 PM)
I want NOTHING to do with the Rangers line-up.  Especially considering they tee-off against Sox pitchers in Texas on a regular basis.  I would like our chances of winning a 4-2 game against the A's.  Anyways, there's still a long way to go before we can worry about that.

The rangers would be a team that gets shut down in the playoffs, they'd get swept, no doubt in my mind.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 05:57 PM)
Cubs now lead 4-2, Twins are winning, and Sox are losing.  My nightmare weekend scenario is looking way too possible right now.

We have 18 more outs, calm down buddy. Also, who gives a s*** about the Cubs.