A's at White Sox 7/9 Gameday Thread

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
Zito makes it look so easy against us.  Also, Ozuna should definitely be the number 9 hitter.  The only way he'll benefit the offense is by getting on base in front of Pods.

Which he apparently is incapable of doing...

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
ozuna grounds out to zito

why are we playing another sunday lineup?

Crede's back looked like it was acting up last night. If his back problem still continues after the ASB, we must make a trade. In no way is Ozuna an everyday 3rd baseman. He can play SS or 2B solid, but his play at 3B is pretty bad.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
I have watched just about every Sox game this year, and it seems like he has hit a ton of ground balls and fly balls to right, that have just missed going out. I think if he tried to pull the ball more he would probably have more HR's. Of course his average would probably be lower.

Those deep flyballs were going out last year for Rowand. He went from being able to hit the ball out consistently the opposite way, to having those balls go to the warning track. Look, I love what Rowand does for this team and his attitude, but I had my suspicion for a while this year. Then, the father of a minor leaguer we've all heard of confirmed what I believed.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
Gold glovers don't throw the ball into center field like his last start against the athletics.

It was against the Athletics....need I say more? And don't act like Maddux who has won like a bagillion gold gloves has never made an error!

CHAVEZ = HE GAWN

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 06:46 PM)
It was against the Athletics....need I say more? And don't act like Maddux who has won like a bagillion gold gloves has never made an error!

CHAVEZ = HE GAWN

How many times have you seen maddux throw the ball into center?

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
How many times have you seen maddux throw the ball into center?

True, but it's probably easier to keep your cool in a situation where Mark threw the ball away when you know you can just throw the ball a foot off the plate and know it'll be called a strike.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 11:47 PM)
I pray to God that the Angels and Rangers don't fall apart because we wouldn't win a game against Oakland in the playoffs.  Not one.

There's not a doubt in my mind I'd rather play the A's in the playoffs than the Rangers or Angels. The Rangers offense is awesome, and the Angels have a dynamite team with a great bullpen. We didn't see Vlad from them this year or K-Rod, which really helped. We match-up better against the A's....we just have to stop playing like pussies against them.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
True, but it's probably easier to keep your cool in a situation where Mark threw the ball away when you know you can just throw the ball a foot off the plate and know it'll be called a strike.

This is very VERY true. Maddux pretty much has a 24 inch plate.