Official All-Star Game Thread 7-12-05

SoxFan1

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
Wasn't he the only AL hitter to get a homer?  He was the first at least, I know.

People only care about homers on offense, of course he got it.

Tejada and Texiera both hit 1. That is MB's Corvette!

What the hell is Gammons blabbing about. The NL has a runner on first in the 3rd inning with 0 outs down 3-0 yet without the DP drawn by the AL, the NL could have put the game away???? Gammons = dips***. Harold Reynolds giving Francona props for gibving everyone an AB....uuuum, no, Reynolds = Dips***. Kruk is Kruk so Kruk = Dips***. Berman over here showing Kenny Rogers love and how can anyone forget "Back Back Back....you can put it on the board....GONE!" Berman = Dips***.

ESPN

:stupid

what the american league players really wanted to say when asked "Why does the AL keep beating the NL?":

1. AL players run thru and sometimes over the walls to make plays

2. AL doesn't pull the pitcher in late inning one run games just to pinch hit.

3. AL infield pockets grounders that are infield hits while NL loves to make the unnecessary throw often times errors.

4. When AL team is down by 2 runs late in game lets inside pitch hit em and bring tying run to plate instead of getting out of the way.

5. When there is a play at the plate, you can bet your life the guy rounding third is going to plow over the catcher, and that the catcher is going to get in front of the plate, brace and try to pole that runner!

6. AL pitchers face tough 9 men every night not 8.

7. When there is a runner on 1st and the hole is open on the right side, we don't steal and close the hole.

8. AL managers don't pull the best player like NL does...(C Lee pinch hits for Pujols?) when the WS home field advantage is at stake!

9. AL fans are blue collar (Oakland, White Sox, Yankees) NL are white collar my boss has to pay for my ticket & drinks (SF - not really true with this team, Cubs, Mets)

10. AL fans don't chant "we want a hit" (cubs) & whatever nonsense those mets fans chant + hee sop choi (LA)...duh...

11. Our teams are not the Houston Disastros, Philthydelphia Phillies, New York Mess, Cincinnati Rediculous', SD Who's your Padres?...

So until you NL people can man up and bring it well that is why we keep getting you!

PS it wont be long before Lidge & Beltran and some of your AL style players aren't in the NL anymore!

Next time you watch a yankees playoff game count the number of women & children in attendance...0! reason? because winning is the only thing that matters not making someone who really isn't a fan happy...also check the black ring under their eyes...yikes!

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 06:17 AM)
I dont think Jason Bey got any time for the NL so lets be happy Pods at least got to the field in the 9th.  If I lived in Pittsburgh, Tampa, and Oakland, Id be pissed, your 1 player never saw any action!!!

Not much choice. With the new "This time it counts" rules, if you're a manager, you have to keep a couple of pitchers and maybe a batter in reserve just in case the game goes to extra innings.