Go to the sox game alone?

kman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
No way in hell I can go alone at 15 but once I get a job/license, I will when I want...

"SoxFan1!!! This is your mother. I think I might have something to say about that."

QUOTE(kman @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
Has anyone on this board gone to a sox game alone or goes to them alone all the time? Just curious, cause it is hard sometimes to find people to go everytime you want to go. So lets hear it.

I haven't been to a Sox game alone, but I did go to a Rangers game alone and would have gone to a Mets game alone if it didn't get rained out.

Absolutely!! Heck.. most of the '98 to '00 seasons I went alone. Couldn't get anyone to go with me to most since I went to nearly every home game those years. LOL. Good time, too. You get to watch the game more when you don't have someone talking to you.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
ONLY LOSERS GO TO GAMES ALONE!!!!

YOU'RE NOT A LOSER ARE YOU????

Actually, I have.

One time the park was so empty, I pretended they were playing the game just for me! :wub:

Its cuz ur special. :huh:

I went to a game alone in 2003 vs Minny. (carl and robbies 1st game with the sox) I was so pumped up about the moves at the time. We were losing to minny all game. Actually, in the 9th, with 2 outs, people were leaving as the slumping Paul Konerko came to bat. I stayed in my seat until the end. GAME TYING HOME RUN! We went to extras Frank hit the game winner in xtras ( his 2nd hr of the night) Best game I ever attended PERIOD

I went to a game alone in 2003  vs Minny. (carl and robbies 1st game with the sox)  I was so pumped up about the moves at the time.  We were losing to minny all game. Actually, in the 9th, with 2 outs, people were leaving as the slumping Paul Konerko came to bat. I stayed in my seat until the end. GAME TYING HOME RUN!  We went to extras  Frank hit the game winner in xtras ( his 2nd hr of the night) Best game I ever attended PERIOD

Since were on the topic of best games that we have ever been to, mine has to be in 2003 vs. the Cubs, Jose hit a walk-off homer. BEST GAME EVER. Now the best inning ever was this year, June 15th 10 RUns in the 6th inning i think. I was there as well

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
I went to a game alone in 2003  vs Minny. (carl and robbies 1st game with the sox)  I was so pumped up about the moves at the time.  We were losing to minny all game. Actually, in the 9th, with 2 outs, people were leaving as the slumping Paul Konerko came to bat. I stayed in my seat until the end. GAME TYING HOME RUN!  We went to extras  Frank hit the game winner in xtras ( his 2nd hr of the night) Best game I ever attended PERIOD

He creamed that homer off Guardado too. It was just an epic battle between Frank and Eddie and than bam. I swear, when he hit that HR, I thought the Sox were destined to win the series. I still shake my head at 2003...I can't believe the Sox didn't win it all that year (let alone not make the playoffs).

I've gone to ball games alone a couple of times. A few times in MN I drove up with my friend, but we would sit separately to avoid violence.

If I lived in Chicago I would go alone, also because I don't like it when people talk during the game, so I enjoy games alone more.