Kevin Kennedy

WSoxMatt

During a Gamebreak, KK had the balls to say he thought Buehrle was throwing at Hafner because this is a heated rivalry. What a friggin idiot...Rick Manning who does TV for the Indians even said that 1 got away and Hafner was very slow to react. The last thing we need is for this dumbass to be saying Buehrle is throwing at Haf. But hey thanks for the retaliation, Dye steals a base and scores on Crede's double!! Seems everytime Westbrook got into the stretch, we lit him up

I saw that too.

There is no way Buehrle was throwing at him and everyone knows it. You don't throw at a guy's head. Pitches get away from people sometimes. Kennedy really pissed me off with that one. Buehrle is not a headhunter.

They retaliated, and it backfired on them. I hope we can consider the matter closed, and although I don't want to face him, I hope Hafner comes back soon.

Yah, Mark was trying to throw a curveball at Hafner's face. That makes a lot of sense.

To tell you the truth, I'm don't think the Sox/Indians rivalry it all that heated. Unless I'm missing something, I don't know of any bad blood between us and them.

But I'm sure if there was, Kevin Kennedy would know it.

From MLB.com

Home-plate umpire Bruce Dreckman warned both sides after Westbrook hit Dye. Buehrle was told after the game that Kevin Kennedy, a FOX television analyst, said his pitch to Hafner looked intentional.

Buehrle said nothing could be further from the truth. It was simply a sinker, meant to move inside on the left-handed hitter, which stayed a little too high and tight.

"If I'm going to try to hit somebody intentionally, it's not going to be going for the head," Buehrle said. "That's just plain dirty, and I'm not that way. It just slipped out of my hand. I hope he's all right."

Fox broadcasts are consistently awful -- actually, every aspect of their coverage is. It's sad but true that the best broadcaster they've had in years is Al Leiter.

I don't know why national baseball broadcasts are so bad, ESPN included. I would always rather listen to the opposing team's announcers than any national team working today.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
Fox broadcasts are consistently awful -- actually, every aspect of their coverage is.  It's sad but true that the best broadcaster they've had in years is Al Leiter.

I don't know why national baseball broadcasts are so bad, ESPN included.  I would always rather listen to the opposing team's announcers than any national team working today.

Having the Baseball Package on DirecTV, I listen to alot of announcers. Rick Manning who did color on Fox today is solid, and believe it or not the Twins duo of Dick Bremer and Bert Blyleven and good too. The Royals Paul Splittorff and Bob Davis are just as solid!!

I must of not caught the part of him saying that Buehrle intentionally hit Hafner in the head. For the most part the announcers did nothing but kiss our asses the whole game and saying how we do everything right even though it doesnt always show in the box scores.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 04:24 PM)
I saw that too.

There is no way Buehrle was throwing at him and everyone knows it.  You don't throw at a guy's head.  Pitches get away from people sometimes.  Kennedy really pissed me off with that one.  Buehrle is not a headhunter.

They retaliated, and it backfired on them.  I hope we can consider the matter closed, and although I don't want to face him, I hope Hafner comes back soon.

MB is a fierce competitor but not like that. He's not the type to throw at someone period let alone at his head. Sad really that some dope like Kennedy wants to stir the pot like that.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 09:11 PM)
I know what you mean about the Fox announcers...

I heard them say that AJ had the only Sox grand slam all year....

Yeah... Too bad thats wrong... What a bunch of morons...

I heard that too... But i dont balme them because they dont watch every game and follow them as closely as we do.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
I heard that too... But i dont balme them because they dont watch every game and follow them as closely as we do.

They are getting paid to piss poor job as a whole. They had to of made ten mistakes throughout the game combined... therefore making me shake my head at them.

Research some damn facts.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
Some of them do commentary for other teams when there not doing it for Fox.

Even if they do not have the time to research it why would you declare something like that when you have no clue.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)

They get payed a lot of money to know what they are talking about. their job is to inform the people watching with correct information.

that would be like a radio guy saying it was a double down the left field line, when it was a shot up the middle :chair