Shingo to the Dbacks by today?

AWhiteSoxinNJ

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
I watched Cintron play 3B a lot and he can play, I would say he's definitely a step up from Ozuna, a big step up.

But I think any speculation about Cintron is moot IMO, they'd want more for him than Shingo.  My guess is we'd get a prospect and nothing more.

Wel he has only played 40 games at third (25 started) and has not faired overally well. That is what i was going by...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You did not hear Jenks is unhittable and will be our closer in september based on his performance in the first game of the season.

Oh there was a second game he played, nevermind.

Every time I see these threads, Im reminded of the innumerous times I had to defend Garland and tell people we should not just give him away.

But by now people have forgotten the flavor of the last few years and now have turned on a new player.

I know Shingo has not been at the top of his game, that he is getting older, but he has invaluable experience. Maybe not in the MLB, but he has saved more games than anyone on our roster. Most of our bullpen has almost no playoff experience, I just have this feeling that we are going to neede all the experience we can get come playoff time.

I could be completely wrong, but that does not happen often. ;P

SB

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Has Shingo been sent to Charlotte?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 02:24 PM)
Source?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 06:41 PM)
Cintron has truly fallen out of favor with the Diamondbacks.  If you listen to talk around the league, teams are truly enamored with Willie Harris' speed.  I guess they all think he is a project that is too fast to not be interested in.  Unfortunately, we all know this is not true, and that Willie Harris can't hit, has no stolen base instict, and sucks at defense (ie worthless).  If the Diamondbacks can't give Cintron the everyday job after what he accomplished in 2003, then they are willing to deal him.

Can't steal bases, yet is successful over 80% of the time over his career.

Can't play defense, yet has the best range of any secondbaseman in the AL.

"If you listen to talk around the league, teams are truly enamored with Willie Harris' speed."

What the hell are you talking about? Quit acting like you're in 'the know', unless Steve stands for 'Steve Phillips' or something like that.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:25 PM)
Designated for Assignment means sent to Charlotte.  He still has options left.  STUPID MOVE.  JENKS AINT NO UPGRADE OVER SHINGO!

Shingo in the bandbox of Charlotte. YIKES. Dongs will be flying out in AAA.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
Designated for Assignment means sent to Charlotte.  He still has options left.  STUPID MOVE.  JENKS AINT NO UPGRADE OVER SHINGO!

I'm not saying that he is an upgrade over Shingo, but how do you know he isn't? We've only seen him twice. This move makes sense if only for the fact that we'll have more chances to see what Jenks can do. We know what Shingo can do...and it ain't workin.

I agree. I was a huge backer of Shingo, but those days are over...the MLB has caught up with him and he's noting more than batting practice now.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 01:29 PM)
I'm not saying that he is an upgrade over Shingo, but how do you know he isn't?  We've only seen him twice.  This move makes sense if only for the fact that we'll have more chances to see what Jenks can do.  We know what Shingo can do...and it ain't workin.

No it does not mean sent to Charlotte.

It means they have 10 days to trade or release him, after which he could accept an assignment to AAA or be granted his release.