RockRaines

Its pretty funny working in a radio station when the format is flipped. The radio stations rarely tell anyone they are doing it, and usually the core listeners get PISSED. I had to deal with a few when one of the sister stations where I worked flipped from easy listening to Top-40. You never heard a gramma get mad like that before.

QUOTE(Yoda @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 07:26 PM)
Isn’t that Jack?

Yeah, I first heard one of those stations driving through Phillie (or maybe it was DC, I don't know) and it sucked. It was so much more hit and miss than regular stations. I was not a fan.

Apparently they have a big following - Dallas was one of the test markets for Jack before they decided to pull the plug in Chicago and New York City... and based on the ratings here they thought it was worth it.

I can do without it, myself. I have Sirius.

Wow, 104.3 is no longer oldies? Before I was able to drive or started occasionally stealing the radio that's all my parents ever listened to in the car other than sports/news.

You leave the area for a couple years, and it turns into a whole new world.

QUOTE(Benson&Rexage @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
It will always be Oldies 104.3 to me. God Damn these uppidy homosexuals and thier bulls***. How can you do that to so many people. Oldies 104.3 is and was Chicago. This is almost like taking the LOOP and making it into a Spanish station

That is way out of line not acceptable at all. Anymore posts like that and you will be suspended.