7/20 Games

danman31

Rochester @ Charlotte 6:15 Munoz

Birmingham lost to Jacksonville 9-3. Tracey struggled, but Malone with good relief. Box Score

Winston-Salem @ Lynchburg 6:05 Gio

Kannapolis @ Columbus 6

Casper @ Great Falls 8

Bristol has a doubleheader against 22-4 Elizabethton (Twins).

Jacksonville 9 Barons 3

W-Alervez L- Tracey

Niether starter did well today in the blistering heat 105 heat index. Tracey made some fundmental mistakes today which made the homeruns worse the first one came after a mishandled groundball where for some reason he threw to the plate instead of 1st with 2 outs and plenty of time this allowed a run to score 2 batters later Andy LaRoche drilled a moster 3 run shot to RF. The second homer the batter before Tracey walked the number 9 hitter a backup catcher with 2 outs and the next batter Delwyn Young drilled a 3 run shot. Wally Rosa had 2 straight hits off Chad Billingsly who struggled as well threw almost 100 pitches in just 4 innings including a 14 or 15 pitch AB to Pedro Lopez who drew a walk after being 0-2 in the count. Jerry Owens hit streak reaches 11

Gio keeps the K's coming, hopefully his ERA comes down below 4 for the Warthogs by the end of the season though.

Schnurstein's also an interesting guy to look at. He's ready for B-Ham, but stuck behind Josh Fields, so we prob won't see him there until next season. Has splits of .286/.355/.450 with 12 HR.

Edited by DBAH0

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 03:36 AM)
Gio keeps the K's coming, hopefully his ERA comes down below 4 for the Warthogs by the end of the season though.

Schnurstein's also an interesting guy to look at. He's ready for B-Ham, but stuck behind Josh Fields, so we prob won't see him there until next season. Has splits of .286/.355/.450 with 12 HR.

As long as Gio is still K'ing people this year at High A im happy with him. It means his stuff is still fooling hitters which is good, next year im hoping he can keep the era down.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)

I don't see the need to promote him anyway.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 12:37 AM)
What's the deal with Rogo, is he stuck in bham the rest of the year now with Daigle getting promoted to charlotte?

Maybe the Sox just want to take it slowly with him. Daigle has been playing a lot of 3B so he has nothing to do with it.

Kanny got rained out.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 11:40 PM)
Maybe the Sox just want to take it slowly with him. Daigle has been playing a lot of 3B so he has nothing to do with it.

Kanny got rained out.

For some reason it slipped my mind that ross was down in Charlotte, I guess the fact that he should be in the bigs made me forget about him.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
I don't see the need to promote him anyway.

Not with the current circumstances at least, but I'd like to see how he would handle AA ball, he's been stuck in low A and high A for a few seasons now.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
Not with the current circumstances at least, but I'd like to see how he would handle AA ball, he's been stuck in low A and high A for a few seasons now.

He spent one year in low A and is in his 1st in high A. He hasn't set the world on fire with any of his stats. He's a decent prospect. If he can keep this production up in AA, he'll rocket up the charts in my book. I just don't think he's that good.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 21, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
He spent one year in low A and is in his 1st in high A. He hasn't set the world on fire with any of his stats. He's a decent prospect. If he can keep this production up in AA, he'll rocket up the charts in my book. I just don't think he's that good.

Ahh my bad, I thought he had an extra season in A some form of A ball. Still he's only 21 and has 6 more home runs already than he hit for Kanny last season, so he is progressing. His BB/K ratio is also way better than season too.