Time for a Shakeup

DukeNukeEm

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)
And what did the offense do wrong tonight?  Was it score 4 runs off Clement in 6 innings or tie the game off Schilling in the 8th?  Last time I checked at this point Clement's their ace and we hit him fine.

Clement didnt have ace stuff. If you think this was vintage Clement then I think your seats were a bit too far up in the UD.

A few solo homers and a few hits.

They should of rocked him big time.

Edited by southsideirish71

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 06:43 AM)
And what did the offense do wrong tonight?  Was it score 4 runs off Clement in 6 innings or tie the game off Schilling in the 8th?  Last time I checked at this point Clement's their ace and we hit him fine.

The offense was better tonight, but it still didn't exactly light up the scoreboard. Why in the world was AJP batting so high in the order tonight? He's done nothing to deserve batting higher than 7th lately.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:45 AM)
Clement didnt have ace stuff. If you think this was vintage Clement then I think your seats were a bit too far up in the UD.

It's always something. Most of the time when Buehrle gets 5 runs the Sox win, Red sox, Devil Rays, the Knights, usually it won't matter. Clement's there ace and we hit him fine, I don't know what else you want.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 02:45 AM)

WTF!?!?! I was gonna put your avy as my avy and it didn't work! You bastage! I do like the Jessica Simpson one better though :wub:

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
It's always something.  Most of the time when Buehrle gets 5 runs the Sox win, Red sox, Devil Rays, the Knights, usually it won't matter.  Clement's there ace and we hit him fine, I don't know what else you want.

And you are going on the idea that our pitchers are going to shut down the best offense in baseball.

I forget.....

ostrich.gif

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)

IMO, more runs should have been produced off Clement. And Schilling wasn't much better. Neither were throwing anywhere near their capabilities.

Did you happen to notice any of Clement's fastballs top 91? Or sliders consistently find the strikezone? When he's on, he'll entice hitters to chase his slider low as well as locate the pitch for a strike.

Two innings Schillings pitched I observed meatball after meatball fouled off by our clueless hitters. His forkball and fastball were both noticeably below the standards of a healthy Curt Schilling. I'm not very upset with how our offense managed against mediocre-Schilling, but remember, neither will likely be as hittable as they were today during any postseason matchup.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
And you are going on the idea that our pitchers are going to shut down the best offense in baseball.

I forget.....

ostrich.gif

Ok, I'm done, you win. I don't know what else to say anymore, they score runs against a good pitcher and it's not enough, FINE.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)

If a pitcher, any pitcher, shuts us down .... THIS OFFENSE SUCKS!

If we score a few runs .... The pitcher didn't have his good stuff.

:headshake

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 02:50 AM)

Great summary YAS!

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 06:41 AM)
man, doesn't take long for the bandwagon to sputter does it.

For those of you who are complaining and b****ing about the way the Sox are currently playing, why don't you jump off the bandwagon?

Damn, we still have the best record. We still are leading our division by 10 focking games. We lost last night game by ONLY ONE RUN, and we lost to the best hitting team in both leagues.

Suck it up or jump off the bandwagon! Your choice.

QUOTE(S720 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 08:55 AM)
For those of you who are complaining and b****ing about the way the Sox are currently playing, why don't you jump off the bandwagon? 

Damn, we still have the best record.  We still are leading our division by 10 focking games.  We lost last night game by ONLY ONE RUN, and we lost to the best hitting team in both leagues. 

Suck it up or jump off the bandwagon!  Your choice.

Yeah we got the best record in baseball. :headbang We beat the teams we should beat and we have this record. Thats good. But now we gotta see if they can hold up this pace when we gotta face the teams in the east, the Angels, THE TWINS at the end. Looks like no easy task.

AT OR ABOVE .500

TEAM (record) LEFT (h/a)

Twins (51-42) 13 (7/6)

Red Sox (52-42) 7 (4/3)

Indians (48-47) 6 (3/3)

Yankees (51-42) 6 (3/3)

Rangers (48-45) 4 (0/4)

Orioles (50-44) 4 (0/4)

Angels (56-38) 3 (3/0)

Blue Jays (47-47) 3 (3/0)

BELOW .500

Royals (34-60) 9 (3/6)

Mariners (41-52) 6 (3/3)

Tigers (46-47) 8 (4/4)

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)

Well please enlighten me. Show me in any set of stats how our offense doesnt suck.

Last in just about every category except homers and runs.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 08:24 AM)
Well please enlighten me.  Show me in any set of stats how our offense doesnt suck. 

OK, our offense sucks big time. We will never win the World Series this year with this pathetic offense. Why don't we just dump the White Sox and go root for the Red Sox now since they have the most lethal hitting lineup in BOTH leagues?

Go ahead JUMP!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 09:24 AM)
Well please enlighten me.  Show me in any set of stats how our offense doesnt suck. 

How about runs scored? We are 6th in the AL. That's not great, but it is middle of the pack ... which doesn't suck. You asked for one stat, you got it. That happens to be the most important offensive stat of all.

I know you said 'except runs" ... but really .. what else matters?

Edited by YASNY

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 09:05 AM)
How about runs scored? We are 6th in the AL.  That's not great, but it is middle of the pack ... which doesn't suck.  You asked for one stat, you got it.  That happens to be the most important offensive stat of all.

I know you said 'except runs" ... but really .. what else matters?

You know oddly it seemed to matter so much that they changed the face of the team. Because scoring runs has been a difficult thing for this team. But then again it seems that scoring runs has never been a problem. In fact Ozzie wanted to change this team around because Scoring runs was a bad stat. KW wanted grinders on this team because the home run or nothing score 10 the one night and then get 3 hit by a no nothing the other night was bad.

2004 3rd in the league in runs scored. 1st in homers

2003 8th in runs scored 4th in homers

2002 3rd in the league in runs scored 3rd in homers

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
You know oddly it seemed to matter so much that they changed the face of the team. Because scoring runs has been a difficult thing for this team.  But then again it seems that scoring runs has never been a problem.  In fact Ozzie wanted to change this team around because Scoring runs was a bad stat.  KW wanted grinders on this team because the home run or nothing score 10 the one night and then get 3 hit by a no nothing the other night was bad. 

2004 3rd in the league in runs scored.  1st in homers

2003 8th in runs scored 4th in homers

2002 3rd in the league in runs scored 3rd in homers

And don't forget all those division titles we won the last three years.

QUOTE(Spiff @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 09:33 AM)
And don't forget all those division titles we won the last three years.

Well thats what worries me. This offense is the same thing as before. We hit a lot of home runs and seem to score a lot of runs. But we have a hard time scoring without the dong lately.