7/22 Game Thread

rangercal

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:11 PM)
Last year, he was good.  This year, he's been reckless.  You have slow as hell runners in Frank, PK, and AJP.  STOP RUNNING INTO RALLY KILLING OUTS!

I think much had to do with the fact that Timo Perez was in the on-deck circle... take a chance that Manny won't make the throw rather than Timo will get a hit. Which has the better odds? Honestly, the way Manny plays left... my money is on Paul scoring on that play (if I had a chose between the two of course).

QUOTE(Pasqua's Mailman @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
I think much had to do with the fact that Timo Perez was in the on-deck circle... take a chance that Manny won't make the throw rather than Timo will get a hit.  Which has the better odds?  Honestly, the way Manny plays left... my money is on Paul scoring on that play (if I had a chose between the two of course).

You do know he leads the league in assists this year.

QUOTE(Pasqua's Mailman @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
I think much had to do with the fact that Timo Perez was in the on-deck circle... take a chance that Manny won't make the throw rather than Timo will get a hit.  Which has the better odds?  Honestly, the way Manny plays left... my money is on Paul scoring on that play (if I had a chose between the two of course).

Timo has been playing great of late

QUOTE(Pasqua's Mailman @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)

Who are you kidding? Manny had the ball and Konerko didn't even touch thirdbase yet. He took his time and still had Konerko by five feet.

JON GARLAND!!!! :headbang

That's why Garland is an All-Star this year. Garland '01-'04 would have had the makings of a big inning. That could have set the tone of the game right there and swayed the momentum towards the Red Sox. But Garland's got great confidence and knew he could get out it. Get pitching there Jon. :cheers

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 22, 2005 -> 07:20 PM)
Was Dye not available tonight?  Cause Timo sure seems dangerous against Wakefield :angry:

guess not, also known fact if u miss a game due to anything. Ozzie will not play u the next, heard that on the radio today!

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 01:22 AM)
guess not, also known fact if u miss a game due to anything. Ozzie will not play u the next, heard that on the radio today!

That's pathetic, considering Dye told Ozzie he wanted to play last night.