Heat Wave

IlliniKrush

So i have to ump a double header tomorrow (no shorts or anything...full regular umpire gear and pants behind the plate). Forecast around here is calling for 98 degrees, head index of 104. Ridiculous. I may melt.

Tex, is this what Texas feels like?

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 10:52 PM)
So i have to ump a double header tomorrow (no shorts or anything...full regular umpire gear and pants behind the plate). Forecast around here is calling for 98 degrees, head index of 104. Ridiculous. I may melt.

I'll be thinking of you on my day off as I sit in my apartment doing laundry with the a/c blasting.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)

In October, maybe.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)
Temp's in the 110's in Phoenix were bad enough let me tell you.  :ph34r:

When I visited Phoenix a couple years ago, it was at least 104 every day that week.

When I got home, it was 85 and I was sweating worse than I ever did in Phoenix.

....it REALLY IS the humidity!!!!!

:D

I really liked the Phoenix/Tempe/Scottsdale area a LOT, and the red rocks in Sedona were awesome. I want to go back there someday.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
When I visited Phoenix a couple years ago, it was at least 104 every day that week.

When I got home, it was 85 and I was sweating worse than I ever did in Phoenix.

....it REALLY IS the humidity!!!!!

:D

I really liked the Phoenix/Tempe/Scottsdale area a LOT, and the red rocks in Sedona were awesome. I want to go back there someday.

I played golf up in Sedona and spent a weekend there, definitely a beautiful place. We didn't get to go to Tempe or Scottsdale though, since we were in Glendale for the most part. Only get's up to to 70-80's in Sedona as well.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 08:22 AM)

I really enjoyed it there too. I definitely want to go back, Tuscon was awesome too.

This Afternoon: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy and hot, with a high near 95. Heat index values as high as 109. West wind between 13 and 16 mph.

It was horrible last nite at midnite.....83 F with 86% humidity.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Jul 24, 2005 -> 04:52 AM)

Pretty much every day.

Not quite as humid, though.