Jenks

CWSOX45

Just a quick question to all you guys. With a three game series in Kansas City, is now the time you let Bobby Jenks try and close out a game for us? I think this would be a prime opportunity for Jenks to get his feet wet, and learning to close games in the big leagues.

CWSOX45

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
I dont think you want to take Politte out of his normal role.

That's how I feel. If and only if Hermanson's back really is serious and he might miss some serious time then yes this would be a good series to try and get Bobby's feet wet as a closer. Cliff's been to damn good in the setup role to try and make him a closer.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
He was awesome in Sandlot!!!!!!

I forsee him getting some action tonight, cant wait to see him break off a Curve on someone.

I just get a kick out of when he hits 99, then 99 and then once again 99, then breaks off a sick curve. After we picked up this guy from the Angels in the offseason, I was curious if he would ever regain that velocity. Boy has he ever.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
I just get a kick out of when he hits 99, then 99 and then once again 99, then breaks off a sick curve.  After we picked up this guy from the Angels last year I was curious if he would ever regain that velocity. Boy has he ever.

I remember seeing him on ESPN when he was drafted thinking, man I want a power pitcher like that. Then seeing we got him, then seeing his throw, then seeing the curve fall off the table. YES!!!! :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers