GAME THREAD 7-26-2005 SOX vs ROYALS

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
I hate Mike Sweeney.  He might be a nice guy and all, but I f***ing hate him.

I think he has the 4th most HRs of active players against or something. I saw a stat earlier tonight.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
Him playing two nights in a row is a joke.

The funniest thing about that is Iguchi had a great game on Sunday, and he's on the record as saying he doesn't like to sit out because he feels like he loses his rhythm at the plate.

He pretty much went back on an easy popup and just stood there and freaking looked at the ball. Just like he did last night.

Him playing two nights in a row is a joke.

Williams is rumored to be looking for a middle IF upgrade ... meaning, a better bench guy. If the papers are to be believed, the Sox were asking about Graffanino. Although it was a total longshot KC would've traded anybody to the White Sox unless the Sox totally overpay.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
He looked awful there.  That was...  bad.  Really bad.

Yes it was, I swear he has to have that play running through his head, he seems to back it down a lot now, that play from yesterday and today seemed like he was very cautious.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
I hear the Oakland TV guys are pretty good. And you seem to like them a Billy Beane a lot. Maybe that would be more enjoyable?

I know this isn't intended for me, but I'm going to reply anyways by saying that was an idiotic statement both in content and in form.

Edited by SHAFTR

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:42 PM)
I know this isn't intended for me, but I'm going to reply anyways by saying that was an idiotic statement both in content and in form.

It was, mostly, a joke. I'm sorry I didn't thrown the green in there. CWS just seems like he really likes Beane and Oakland so I thought he might be a big fan equal with teh Sox. I dunno.

It was, mostly, a joke. I'm sorry I didn't thrown the green in there. CWS just seems like he really likes Beane and Oakland so I thought he might be a big fan equal with teh Sox. I dunno.

You are hereby absolved and for your pennance you are sentenced to memorize one paragraph of Moneyball. :P

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:44 AM)
The day Willie Harris is removed from the roster, I am going to have a party. Everytime the guy screws up, and he screws up a lot, it always comes back to hurt the White Sox.

HE HAS NO BASEBALL INSTINCTS!

The day Willie Harris is removed from the roster, I am going to have a party. Everytime the guy screws up, and he screws up a lot, it always comes back to hurt the White Sox.

I will bring the beer.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:44 PM)

Alright,, I didn't know you were joking. I'm, personally, not an Oakland fan but I do like how Billy Beane builds his teams.