GAME THREAD 7-26-2005 SOX vs ROYALS

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:18 AM)
LOL. I know. You are a good fan. You want them to win so bad. I understand. You just b**** a lot about small things and lean on the side of pessimistic. Don't worry I'm the same way at times. Not nearly as much this year though.

I agree, there's a lot of things I should probably just keep to myself. I did take offense to someone stating how I wouldn't be in the gamethread yesterday cause the Sox were winning early. Since when have I not been in a gamethread, win or loss? Maybe next time, I'll let the person know my schedule so he'll know when I'll be home :cheers

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
I hope Carl gets his s*** together, because I bet KW is looking for another bat to take away some of the playing time he could get.

The past month, Everett has a .229/.286/.443 line.

They showed that Giants scout whatever his name is and Hawk talked about him a bit. Then talking about how's he's been around scouting the sox and some of the minor league teams. He was saying that guy was there just in case "that rumor" would gain steam. I don't know, just seemed odd.

EDIT: Sorry about not knowing the guys name, slipped my mind. :bang

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
I thought PK owned Lima?  (Yes, I know the stats.  Don't bring them up, I'm just pointing out that he's looked bad twice today against Lima.)

Lima's a different pitcher today.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
BTW, I was talking to my brother who's got serious connections with the Tampa Bay franchise, and he told me Huff is a total asshole who doesn't get along with his teammates.

Playing on that dead end franchise can wear on you.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:21 PM)
They showed that Giants scout whatever his name is and Hawk talked about him a bit.  Then talking about how's he's been around scouting the sox and some of the minor league teams.  He was saying that guy was there just in case "that rumor" would gain steam.  I don't know, just seemed odd.

EDIT:  Sorry about not knowing the guys name, slipped my mind. :bang

Ned Coletti?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
Funny that Hawk didn't give that a "stretch", when it was a lot closer than the ones he's been embarrassing himself on lately.

he will prob never say it unless he knows it is gone

They showed that Giants scout

EDIT:  Sorry about not knowing the guys name, slipped my mind. :bang

Ted Uehlander, he is the Giants top pro scout, he is their #3 baseball talent evaluator behind Sabean and Ned Coletti. Pretty sure he was an OF and played with Harrelson with the KC A's ... not positive. Hawk mentioned they were teammates.

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
Anyone find it ironic that what Hawk just said about Oakland (maintaining their streak) is the exact same thing that people said about the White Sox earlier this year?

It gets harder and harder every year to listen to Hawk. It tends to get sickening, really.