GAME THREAD 7-26-2005 SOX vs ROYALS

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
Willie gives me no reason to like him, I swear.

But he had a blooper hit for an RBI yesterday.

That's gotta give him leeway for the next couple of weeks.

I didn't mind him so much last year actually, but having a guy like Tadahito really makes me upset when Willie has to play.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
It gets harder and harder every year to listen to Hawk.  It tends to get sickening, really.

TAKE IT BACK

i know where you live.

:bang :P

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
I hate Mike Sweeney.  He might be a nice guy and all, but I f***ing hate him.

There aren't many hitters in baseball I respect as much as Mike Sweeney but goddamn I hate that guy when we play them.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
It gets harder and harder every year to listen to Hawk.  It tends to get sickening, really.

I hear the Oakland TV guys are pretty good. And you seem to like them a Billy Beane a lot. Maybe that would be more enjoyable?

Ted Uehlander, he is the Giants top pro scout, he is their #3 baseball talent evaluator behind Sabean and Ned Coletti.  Pretty sure he was an OF and played with Harrelson with the KC A's ... not positive.  Hawk mentioned they were teammates.

It's actually Ted Uhlaender, he and Harrelson played together in Cleveland, 1971.

I have seen that guy at a ton of spring training games, never knew it was Ted Uhlaender.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
:lol:

I was talking more along the lines of when he talks about Oakland.  Or Moneyball.  Because he really has no clue about either subject.

:lol: i just find it funny.

how he can still say it doesn't work is beyond me, but then again, hawk is smarter than all of us.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)
He was there yesterday.

I would rather he was there just yesterday. He then may be fooled into thinking that Willie has any worth.

Oh, there he goes again. Please die, Willie.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
I hear the Oakland TV guys are pretty good. And you seem to like them a Billy Beane a lot. Maybe that would be more enjoyable?

Why, because I defend him?

Don't try and question my fanhood. 'Cause that pisses me off more than anything else, when someone tries to imply that I'm an Oakland fan over a Sox fan.

Oyyy vey, Willie...

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
I missed it, what did harris do?

He pretty much went back on an easy popup and just stood there and freaking looked at the ball. Just like he did last night.

Him playing two nights in a row is a joke.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
Anyone else think Willie has last years collision go through his head everytime there's a little pop up like that?

It was an injustice to the game of baseball that Ordonez got hurt, and Willie was fine. There was no excuse for Willie on that play. Did he really think he could catch the ball with that glove angle?

Edited by fathom