• Maybe
    • No

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 08:11 PM)
with who? Us?

Sorry if its an obvious answer i wasnt here at all the past couple days

wow, word was about a few hours ago that marlins would meet and decide early tonight on which course of action they woudl pursue. bob nightengale is usually legit, tho he did say we were gettin unit this offseason. at any rate, im excited

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
Can someone explain to me what exactly we'd do with Mike Lowell... It's not like he deserves to take playing time from Crede this year...

His offense sucks this year.. his defense not that great...

Why not get someone who can play SS?

pay half of his contract. which would be 3.75 a year, and then tell another team that we will pay 1/2 of that, roughly 1.37 mil, and trade him for say....i dunno someone

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
Can someone explain to me what exactly we'd do with Mike Lowell... It's not like he deserves to take playing time from Crede this year...

His offense sucks this year.. his defense not that great...

Why not get someone who can play SS?

I heard he will backup 3B and 1B. Not a bad backup.

Edited by palesox38

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 27, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
I actually have hope for Lowell.  Maybe I've seen just so much of our offense lately, and I'm willing to give anyone a chance.

I'm actually thinking that Lowell will bust out of this horrible year long slump of his and become a good offensive player once again, hell he's been playing a whole hell of a lot better lately.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
I'm actually thinking that Lowell will bust out of this horrible year long slump of his and become a good offensive player once again, hell he's been playing a whole hell of a lot better lately.

Has he been playing better? I haven't been following him.

Trade talk: The White Sox agreed to trade top pitching prospect Brandon McCarthy and left-handed reliever Damaso Marte to the Marlins for starter A.J. Burnett and third baseman Mike Lowell, if the Marlins agreed to pay half of Lowell's remaining $18 million through 2007. The Marlins had not as of late Monday. The White Sox wanted a 72-hour window to sign Burnett, who is seeking at least $40 million over four years. If they acquire Burnett, the White Sox are expected to offer him $27 million over three years. ... The Yankees were trying to acquire White Sox starter Orlando "El Duque" Hernandez but were resisting Chicago's demand for setup man Tom Gordon. ... The Twins, down on first baseman Justin Morneau, were in negotiations with the Brewers for first baseman Lyle Overbay. ... The Astros were in discussions with the Devil Rays for outfielder Aubrey Huff and the Orioles for Jay Gibbons. ... The Giants, despite their public denials, were listening to offers for ace Jason Schmidt. The White Sox, who also are looking for a third baseman because of Joe Crede's bad back, would be in negotiations if they failed to land Burnett. ... The Nationals also were interested in Schmidt or starter Jeff Weaver from the Dodgers, along with Mariners closer Eddie Guardado to be a setup man for Chad Cordero. ... The Dodgers, believing that starter Odalis Perez is a negative clubhouse influence, were shopping him. ... The Rangers were listening to offers for second baseman Alfonso Soriano, who is coveted by the Mets. The Rangers are asking for three of the Mets' top prospects, centered around Double-A outfielder Lastings Milledge.

Also: The White Sox are worried about DH Frank Thomas' deteriorating ankle and are expected to pay him a $3.5 million buyout instead of picking up his $10 million option in 2006. ... Devil Rays manager Lou Piniella might replace Lee Mazzilli in Baltimore this winter. ... Marlins ownership told manager Jack McKeon that his job is safe for the rest of the season. ... The Diamondbacks are trying to sign first baseman Tony Clark to a one-year contract extension for about $1 million. ... The Padres will put starter Adam Eaton in the bullpen if his finger continues to bother him when he throws breaking balls. ... The Twins, two weeks after acquiring second baseman Bret Boone from the Mariners, are considering releasing him because of his struggles. ... Red Sox center fielder Johnny Damon is seeking a six-year, $72 million contract while Boston is offering a four-year, $40 million deal. ... Jim Leyland wants to return to managing, but he insists that he has no interest in returning to Florida. ... The Phillies, who hope to shed first baseman Jim Thome's salary, will attempt to re-sign closer Billy Wagner this winter.

— Bob Nightengale

link