Let's overpay and go ALL IN

SoxFanInDallas

This is my first post as I have just found this forum.....and as my handle name says, I live in Dallas so I don't hear as much of what is going on as most of you, but from what I can see, the Sox need to make a couple moves:

1) DO ANYTHING to get Vizcaino OUT of the 25 man roster going into the playoff's

2) Get some help in the infield because of Crede's back problems.

3) Need to do something in case Frank can't come back

4) Do whatever you need to do to get A.J. Burnett from the Marlins

There are a few options here: Aubrey Huff and Danys Baez. But Tampa wants the BEST prospect from the WS. I am going to assume that is McCarthy. I have no problem with dealing McCarthy, but I think McCarthy is a key to the next trade:

Burnett and Lowell for Marte, McCarthy, and maybe Contreras from what is rumored. I think this would be a great trade for THIS year for several reasons: a) Imagine a rotation of Buehrle, Burnett, Garcia, and Garland going into the playoff's with El Duque in the Bull Pen.....(and that gets rid of Vizcaino in my eyes)

B) Even with Lowell having a subpar season, he has playoff and WS experience. c) Lowell will be a great insurance policy for Crede or even a DH if Frank is not available

If they somehow could pull off these two trades, I think they would be set going into the playoff's. But, I don't think both can be pulled off unless Tampa is willing to take another prospect other than McCarthy.

If they can not make the Huff/Baez trade but do make the other, then they need to go hard at trying to get Guardado or Wagner to cover for the lose of Marte and to insure against Hermanson going down.

I agree with you that I'd like to see us make a hard push to win this year, but at the same time, our core of guys aren't so old that we have to win now or not win at all, and I don't feel like there are enough quality possible acquisitions to make a really over the top trade.

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:40 AM)
I agree with you that I'd like to see us make a hard push to win this year, but at the same time, our core of guys aren't so old that we have to win now or not win at all, and I don't feel like there are enough quality possible acquisitions to make a really over the top trade.

Thanks.....it may take me a little bit of time to get used to it over here. I am used to Rivals and it works a little different over there!

QUOTE(SoxFanInDallas @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 08:15 AM)
If they somehow could pull off these two trades, I think they would be set going into the playoff's.

I like the way you think. The postseason literally belongs to us.

Edited by 3E8

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 10:05 AM)
That's not much better than the postseason IS literally belongs to us.

"All your playoffs are belong to us." :lol:  :bang

That's what I was thinking as well. :lol:

"All your White Sox Winners are belong to me." :cheers

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
McCarhty, Marte and Contreras for Burnett and Lowell is to much IMO. McCarthy and Marte for the two is much more doable.

Welcome to Soxtalk and such :cheers

I agree that adding Contreras is overkill, and I think a more fair trade would only involve McCarthy and Marte.....but like I said, I am willing to go for it, and losing Contreras does not affect this year as much as it would affect next year if not able to sign Burnett.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 29, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
I would have to agree. Brandon, or in this case Contreras is just good insurance. If we give up Jose and Bmac for Burrnet, who goes into the 5 spot when El Duque breaks down???? Munoz?? Adkins??? :puke

Well people on this board seem to think that Adkins would be a better option than McCarthy which is not so much true as it is false.