ESPN Page 2 guy tired of Trade Deadline

UofIChiSox

Page 2 MLB Pledge of Allegiance.

Pretty good article, I'm tired of rumors and fake saviors. I just want it to be Monday and see where we're at.

Here's what he said about our Sox:

I will, despite the fact that I still don't really believe in them, continue to root for the White Sox. And I should say, it's not even that I don't believe in them; it's that I don't know what to make of them. I'm like Steve Martin or Bill Murray in that old SNL skit. The White Sox are just flying up there in the sky and I'm down there on the ground, looking up, dumbfounded, going, "What is that thing? What the hell is that thing?!"

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)
Page 2 MLB Pledge of Allegiance.

Pretty good article, I'm tired of rumors and fake saviors.  I just want it to be Monday and see where we're at.

Here's what he said about our Sox:

You don't even have to wait until Monday. After 2 o'clock tomorrow, it's all over. It's just over a day away, and this should be the busiest 24 hours of the day coming up. It'll be gone faster than you think.

EDIT: Your avatar is awesome, Soxnbears. That was one of the greatest Simpsons episodes ever.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
You don't even have to wait until Monday.  After 2 o'clock tomorrow, it's all over.  It's just over a day away, and this should be the busiest 24 hours of the day coming up.  It'll be gone faster than you think.

today i won't mind because THINGS MIGHT ACTUALLY GET DONE.

i think the fact that these talks have been going on for at least a month has gotten people fed up.

QUOTE(sayitaintso @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 04:16 PM)
That was one good episode, and correct me if i am wrong, but was it ozzie smith that fell into that bottomless pit thing?

Sure was.

Clemens thought he was a chicken.

Mattingly wouldn't shave those damn sideburns.

Scioscia worked in the plant and got sick from the chemicals.

Canseco helped the lady bring all of her stuff out of the house (I think).

There's more. I forgot who got arrested for all of the crimes in New York.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
Sure was.

Clemens thought he was a chicken.

Mattingly wouldn't shave those damn sideburns.

Scioscia worked in the plant and got sick from the chemicals.

Canseco helped the lady bring all of her stuff out of the house (I think).

There's more.  I forgot who got arrested for all of the crimes in New York.

classic stuff......griffey drinks something i forget what it was, but thats what makes his head big...darryl strawberry is the only person that is normal and burns loves him, but he still pulls strawberry who has like 4 homers in the game in favor of homer to bat in the 9th iirc. they never play that episode anymore. and yes canseco rescues all the crap including teh washing machine from the burning house.

the beer goggles quote in that page 2 thing is so true.

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
classic stuff......griffey drinks something i forget what it was, but thats what makes his head big...darryl strawberry is the only person that is normal and burns loves him, but he still pulls strawberry who has like 4 homers in the game in favor of homer to bat in the 9th iirc. they never play that episode anymore. and yes canseco rescues all the crap including teh washing machine from the burning house.

the beer goggles quote in that page 2 thing is so true.

Strawberry has like 7 homers when he's pulled because of the match-up (Ozzie models his managing after Mr. Burns :P ).

The two funniest parts of that episode are when Homer calls for the pop up, but Strawberry jumps up for about 30 seconds, and comes down with the ball and when Homer asks Clemens if he made the team, and Clemens says, "you sure did." Then, "wait, you're Ken Griffey Jr., right?"

I just looked online. Steve Sax is the guy that gets arrested. Then Wade Boggs is in the episode, too. What happened to him?

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
They never play the New York Episode either...which is a load of horse s***, because that one episode was awesome.

Are you talking about the episode where Homer has to pick up his car at the WTC? It was on about two weeks ago.

Back on task, here's a great quote:

Burnett, by the way, won't look so good in a hitter's park like Fenway or The Cell. Mark my words: The trade deadline is to rational baseball decisions as "beer goggles" are to respecting oneself in the morning. I will not be distracted.

QUOTE(Carlo Paz @ Jul 30, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
Are you talking about the episode where Homer has to pick up his car at the WTC?  It was on about two weeks ago.

wow. I thought they banned that because specifically speaking about the WTC.