Would you vote Palmeiro into the HoF?

Buehrle>Wood

Would you vote Palmeiro into the HoF?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Would you vote Palmeiro into the HoF?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say yes because most likley Bonds is going in and even if he did use steriods, he's ruining his body in the long term for people like me to have a more enjoyable expierance watching the game.

I say promote the use of steriods among professionals, it will make them better and make the game more entertaining.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
I expect an overwheming "no", just interested to see if anyone still thinks he's credible...

What are you asking...? Will be be voted in or is he credible. Two different questions with two different answers for me..

Can you clarify because I think people are answering only 1 of them.

QUOTE(Da Sox @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
I say yes because most likley Bonds is going in and even if he did use steriods, he's ruining his body in the long term for people like me to have a more enjoyable expierance watching the game.

I say promote the use of steriods among professionals, it will make them better and make the game more entertaining.

Watching a guy take walks when pitches are thrown three feet of the plate because he is so juiced up that he could bunt a home run out? That is entertainment at it's best to me. I cannot believe you are actually condoning the use of steroids and think it makes the game of baseball better.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
If we took everyone out of the hall of fame that cheated it would be an awfully small hall of fame.

Agree. He's a cheat and has no credibility as far as I'm concerned...

But roids don't magically make you able to hit a 90+ mph fast ball or able to make many of the great plays he made over his career. He's a great player, I will give him that - the same I give to Bonds - but is he credible... hell no. Will he eventually be in the HOF.. yes.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:38 PM)
If we took everyone out of the hall of fame that cheated it would be an awfully small hall of fame.

Maybe, how about ones who got caught? Suspicion and proof are two totally different things.

The question is would I, I vote him in, right? NO.

Will he eventually get in? Probably.

Edited by LosMediasBlancas

Im suprised at you guys...

Shoeless Joe Jackson supposedly threw a WS.. banned from baseball

Pete Rose gambled on games as a manager.. banned from baseball

Rafeal Palmeiro TESTED POSITIVELY for Steroids.. 10 game suspension.

Excuse me? But Palemiero deserves to live his life the same way Shoeless Joe and Pete rose did. In agony. Knowing he will never be where he always wants to.

f*** Palmiero.

f*** the Cheaters.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

The only 'roid guy I see this hurting as far as the HOF is concerned is McGwire. I think he was seen as one-dimensional anyway, and when that one dimension is thrown into question then many people can easily justify not voting him in.

Palmeiro is still one of only 4 guys to get 3,000+/500+ and he will probably get to 3,000+/600+. Hard numbers to ignore, even with a steroid suspension. If he gets another, however.....that could be a different story.