10 games up on the rest of the AL

kapkomet

Not only are we 15.0 games up on our division, but we're 10.0 games up on the next place team in the AL.

Not bad on August 1 to have a 10 game cushion for home field advantage in the ALCS...

Keep kicking ass, guys, we're all behind you!

:gosox1:

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
Not only are we 15.0 games up on our division, but we're 10.0 games up on the next place team in the AL. 

Not bad on August 1 to have a 10 game cushion for home field advantage in the ALCS...

Keep kicking ass, guys, we're all behind you!

:gosox1:

Its too bad that we did nothing to make ourselves better than the Yanks and BoSox though

Edited by the People's Champ

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
Its too bad that we did nothing to make ourselves better than the Yanks and BoSox though

The Whitesox failed on trade deadline day when they had a chance to catch the mighty Yanks and BoSox who are running away with this thing. What is that Harold, the Whitesox are in first. Does Torii Hunter know about this, his ankle is what. OMG I need to pour my tears in a triple cheese burger with all the toppings

john_kruk.gif

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
The Whitesox failed on trade deadline day when they had a chance to catch the mighty Yanks and BoSox who are running away with this thing.    What is that Harold, the Whitesox are in first.  Does Torii Hunter know about this, his ankle is what.  OMG  I need to pour my tears in a triple cheese burger with all the toppings

john_kruk.gif

ROFL, :lolhitting very nice.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
The Whitesox failed on trade deadline day when they had a chance to catch the mighty Yanks and BoSox who are running away with this thing.    What is that Harold, the Whitesox are in first.  Does Torii Hunter know about this, his ankle is what.  OMG  I need to pour my tears in a triple cheese burger with all the toppings

john_kruk.gif

And to think that fat f*** once donned the silver and black

what a f***ing disgrace :puke

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
The team plays better on the road!

I wonder if that stat will keep holding true if you count only times that the Cell was sold out, like it would be in the playoffs. Nothing like 38,000 people standing and yelling during Thunderstruck to wake you up. (We make the series, and I'm figuring out a way to fly 2000 miles to be one of them!)

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 05:53 PM)
We had home field in 2000 too.

The only statistic we need to worry about is how many games back Oakland is of the WC. Because if they win it, it's game-over for us.

The last 4 times the Athletics have made the playoffs ('00-'03) they have been knocked out in the first round in 5 games. And that's with players like Hudson, Mulder, Foulke, Koch, Tejada and Giambi.

Well...after next Sunday...the Sox next 15 games are against the Yankees, Red Sox and Twinkies. Any predictions on how many games we take out of those 15? I'm sayin the Sox go 10-5 (9-6 at worst) in that stretch. :bringit

QUOTE(Antonio Osuna @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
We had home field in 2000 too.

The only statistic we need to worry about is how many games back Oakland is of the WC. Because if they win it, it's game-over for us.

We have to stop conceeding series against Team Moneyball.

If we believe Oakland is due to defeat us in a possible first round matchup, it's only going to come to fruition. I'm not going to accept some supposed jinx against their club. How many times against Oakland has the team beat themselves due to errors, baserunning goofs, bloop-hits galore, or one pivotal play which goes against us?

Nothing would satisfy me more than defeating Oakland. Unfortunately, there may be certain Beane supporters who woudn't mind Oakland advancing into the playoffs because of their need to validate a certain persons philosophy. I'll admit right now I don't want them anywhere near the playoffs. But this is due to the Beane slurping which I'd have to deal with. I never had a problem with Beane or Oakland until the

Koch/Foulke trade. Beane disciples fuel my hatred every day which passes.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Wanne @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 06:24 PM)
Well...after next Sunday...the Sox next 15 games are against the Yankees, Red Sox and Twinkies.  Any predictions on how many games we take out of those 15?  I'm sayin the Sox go 10-5 (9-6 at worst) in that stretch. :bringit

I hope that we will do better, but realistically I think 9-6 at best. Unless Ozzie shuffles the rotation Buehrle wont face the yankees at all and Garland only once. And I dont know if I can trust El Duque and Contra to shut them down. Depending on which of these pitchers shows up:

2 of 3 against BOS

3 of 6 against NYY

4 of 6 against MIN

---------------------

9-6 next 15 games

QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 11:37 PM)
I hope that we will do better, but realistically I think 9-6 at best. Unless Ozzie shuffles the rotation Buehrle wont face the yankees at all and Garland only once.  And I dont know if I can trust El Duque and Contra to shut them down.  Depending on which of these pitchers shows up:

2 of 3 against BOS

3 of 6 against NYY

4 of 6 against MIN

---------------------

9-6 next 15 games

And if they go 9-6, that's pretty damn good in the dog days of August.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
I wonder if that stat will keep holding true if you count only times that the Cell was sold out, like it would be in the playoffs.  Nothing like 38,000 people standing and yelling during Thunderstruck to wake you up.  (We make the series, and I'm figuring out a way to fly 2000 miles to be one of them!)

I'm with you, my friend.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 07:45 PM)
And if they go 9-6, that's pretty damn good in the dog days of August.

I know thats pretty good. I was originally thinking 8-7 but the way they have been playing all year they could just do 10-5 , 11-4. But thats just my biased opinion. So I went with what I thought was realistic hopefully they prove me wrong :gosox1: