For those that missed today's game....

greasywheels121

:notworthy :lol: :gosox4:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

'Hawk' squawks at umpire's call

By Ed Sherman

Tribune media reporter

It's a good thing White Sox broadcaster Ken Harrelson wasn't on the field Monday in Baltimore. Umpire Brian Gorman might have tossed him from the game.

Harrelson was beside himself after Gorman ejected Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle for hitting the Orioles' B.J. Surhoff with a pitch in the sixth inning.

The Sox announcer believed the pitcher had a right to retaliate after Baltimore plunked a couple of White Sox batters the last two games.

Here's what Harrelson had to say on the Comcast SportsNet broadcast:

"Oh, come on. What are you doing? You've got to be kidding me. What are you doing Brian Gorman? Are you nuts?

"Are you nuts? You have got to be. … That is total BS.

"They drill [Tadahito] Iguchi last night ... [A.J.] Pierzynski gets drilled … aw, I'll tell you. That is absolutely BS from a veteran umpire."

Color commentator Darrin Jackson interjected, "Boy, the game has changed."

Harrelson then went off again: "I'll tell you. Some of these umpires have no clue, absolutely no clue. And evidently, he's one of them. …

"The only guy who doesn't know what's going on is the guy behind the plate.

"That is so bad. For a veteran umpire … that's so much BS, it's unbelievable.

[buehrle's 49-game streak of pitching through six innings] was ended by an inept call possibly by an inept umpire."

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
In the chat today I thought you guys were exagerrating on how crazy Hawk went when I couldn't watch the game, but when I saw the replay I literally had to turn the TV volume down.  He went apes***.

I was waiting for his yelling to stop and seeing him appear on the field being Gorman's ass senseless.

I love Hawk's rants.

Seriously though, I was right with Hawk on this one. The only reason an ump has to throw out somebody is if a situation had gotten uncontrollable. Fact of the matter was, no warning had been issued, and the situation had ended with the Surhoff beaning. Surhoff, knowing that this kind of stuff is part of baseball, took it like a professional and walked straight to first base, without even giving a glance towards Buehrle.

So my question is, was it really an uncontrollable situation? Was this really a situation that deemed an ejection? Of course, you don't want a bean ball war to continue, and all Gorman had to do to put an end to it was to warn both benches. Problem solved. Instead, Gorman made it a bigger deal than it actually was.

Hawk was right: It was an inept call from an inept umpire. Thankfully, the bullpen held down the fort the rest of the way.

Edited by KevHead0881

I was so pissed off when he got thrown out and hawk had the right to freak out like he did. He should be mad be cause in this memorable season one huge thing was buehrle's streak and to have that ended.....Ahhhhh! The only thing that made me feel better was seeing mark smiling as he went into the dugout and getting hi-fives from the guys. Shove it up your ass blue!

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)
I was so pissed off when he got thrown out and hawk had the right to freak out like he did.  He should be mad be cause in this memorable season one huge thing was buehrle's streak and to have that ended.....Ahhhhh!  The only thing that made me feel better was seeing mark smiling as he went into the dugout and getting hi-fives from the guys.  Shove it up your ass blue!

I motion to second that.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
Thanks I am laughing at it.. He was 1000000% correct on it, but I think Hawk been right about umps about them never wanting to get shown up by the players/coaches.

You gotta love the Hawk, met him several times, he's just one of us. :gosox3: